Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B12 Dublin

Options
  • 25-12-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi guys maybe not right place to ask , vegan going on 6 months now . Was with the doc other day and he said to get 500mcg B12 supplement daily.
    Anyone know where to get them? Most places I visited yesterday have tiny amounts of b12 . Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can get 1000ug in holland and barrett and just take them less often or break the tablet in half. Or use iherb.com and they are cheaper. 500ug per day seems quite excessive if that's not a medical issue, thats 8 times the RDA. In the meantime you can get B12 in fortified nutritional yeast and soy milk etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Hi Oliver,

The health shop in Dundrum Town Centre across from Tesco has 500 and 1000 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Macker

You can get 1000ug in holland and barrett and just take them less often or break the tablet in half. Or use iherb.com and they are cheaper. 500ug per day seems quite excessive if that's not a medical issue, thats 8 times the RDA. In the meantime you can get B12 in fortified nutritional yeast and soy milk etc.

Hi Tar, just went to order B12 from iherb, 5 euro odd for 100 tab which is fair enough but 13 euro delivery, am I missing something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Each product on there has it's own shipping price, try a different one, I stuck a couple in my basket there and shipping was only 2 something. There are a lot of products that have "saver" written under them which indicates they have low shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Macker

Each product on there has it's own shipping price, try a different one, I stuck a couple in my basket there and shipping was only 2 something. There are a lot of products that have "saver" written under them which indicates they have low shipping too.

Tried that but but delivery was still almost 13 euro, you're probably know your way around the site by now but I couldn't be arsed although I know the site has a good rep

• Advertisement

Maybe it's because you are using your phone and it's selecting the expensive shipping automatically. Here I am on my PC and it chooses the cheap shipping by default. if you click on the 12.94 from your screenshot it will probably give you the other shipping options.

VAkYkiG.png

Advertisement