Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect - Free delivery

Options
  • 24-12-2017 8:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

free-del-email-171225-euro.jpg
    free-del-email-171225-google.jpgfree-del-email-171225-apple.jpg
    free-del-email-171225-footer.jpg

Not spectacular but Free delivery when ordering over €12 using code FREEDEL

Links are in the picture above.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ends tomorrow .. How kind of them

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Thanks needed astro boots and these are the cheapest around without delivery charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mikewalsh

doesn't work for me

it's asking me to apply the code at checkout but nothing coming off the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Mikewalsh wrote: »
    doesn't work for me

it's asking me to apply the code at checkout but nothing coming off the delivery

Very last page of order, there are 4 options at the top of the page, pay by card, pay by PayPal and the bottom one is apply promotion code.
    Just used it and worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mikewalsh wrote: »
    doesn't work for me

It does work, you have to enter the code at the payment stage. The code works lower case also. Delivery will still display as £6, but another line will show the discount removed.

Handy tip if using a PC or laptop. Find the items and add to the basket. Once you login on the app they will be there saved already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ah yes, marketing, where the word 'free' sometimes has an entirely different meaning, which mysteriously seems like not exactly free, or not free at all! Nice deal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Might be useful for bigger items like children's garden equipment (swings, slides) or stuff like fishing rods if they accept the orders.

JimPa wrote: »
    Might be useful for bigger items like children's garden equipment (swings, slides) or stuff like fishing rods if they accept the orders.

Here is the full list of terms. If its 'standard delivery' it should apply. Bare in mind that the code cant be used with another discount and only one use per account.

TERMS & CONDITIONS - FREE DELIVERY WHEN YOU ORDER VIA THE APP
    Receive free standard delivery on orders over £10 (or the equivalent value in other currencies on our site, excluding any delivery charges) when you order via the SportsDirect.com app.
    The promotion runs from 18:00 on 24th December 2017 until 23:59 on 25th December 2017 (all times listed are GMT). All successful orders placed between these dates are eligible to receive free standard delivery, when code FREEDEL is applied at checkout.
    The promotion is only applicable via the SportsDirect.com app. The SportsDirect.com website (both desktop and mobile) are excluded from the promotion.
    To qualify for the promotion, the user must download the SportsDirect.com app onto their phone or tablet and apply the FREEDEL promotional code at the point of checkout, via the app.
    The FREEDEL promotional code will deduct the cost of standard delivery from the order, when the code is applied at checkout. Orders placed without the use of the FREEDEL promotional code do not qualify for free standard delivery.
    The FREEDEL promotional code is limited to 1 use, per customer.
    No cash alternative is available.
    The FREEDEL promotional code is applicable via standard delivery orders only. The promotion does not include BFPO delivery.
    The FREEDEL promotional code cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional code.
    Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
    Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.

• Advertisement

FYI the code worked for me on the UK site as well for delivery to Ireland. Think everything works out slightly cheaper on the UK store.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Free delivery is back for New Years Day...use NYDEL when you spend £10 (I always find paying in sterling and getting BOI to do the FX conversion on my credit card is cheaper than paying SD in Euro).

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Free delivery is back for New Years Day...use NYDEL when you spend £10 (I always find paying in sterling and getting BOI to do the FX conversion on my credit card is cheaper than paying SD in Euro).

Thanks for the heads up on the free delivery..I find the same applies to Amazon UK.. Their exchange rate is too generous to themselves :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Happy new year all,
    Worked for me, had a voucher from before the Christmas so £17.50 ended up at €8.45, nice way to start.
    Now please stop with the BA....at least for a week or so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Is it better than using revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

suave.4u wrote: »
    Is it better than using revolut?

Doubt it

Pay sterling with revolut is pretty much the best combo here (and in general)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Or even better, use Revolut, their exchange rate is better than the banks

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

I downloaded the App to make use of the free delivery offer and it seems like most other users there was difficulty logging in (standard website worked fine...as always).
    Resetting passwords etc didn't work so it looks like the App is crashing or they didn't bother supporting it when running a big promotion......so after investing an hour I ordered through the desktop and coughed up the delivery (which was probably the intention).
    I sent an email to them but it's a long shot.

I'll probably go with MandMDirect more often than SD in future...

bduffy wrote: »
    I downloaded the App to make use of the free delivery offer and it seems like most other users there was difficulty logging in (standard website worked fine...as always).
    Resetting passwords etc didn't work so it looks like the App is crashing or they didn't bother supporting it when running a big promotion......so after investing an hour I ordered through the desktop and coughed up the delivery (which was probably the intention).
    I sent an email to them but it's a long shot.
    I'll probably go with MandMDirect more often than SD in future...

Same thing happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

The app is for https://sportsdirect.com you would need to create a new account, because your normal login is for https://ie.sportsdirect.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I used the app on iPhone and managed to get the free delivery using the uk site. App did freeze at one point but I went back in and my basket was saved. Thanks OP.

Advertisement