Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara station still closed when first train arrives.

Options
  • 24-12-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Turned up for the first train to Galway from Clara station this morning at 9.00am but the station was locked and no staff member to be seen. The train arrives and passengers disembark but can't get out the station. I can't get to the platform and the driver needs a green flag to leave because of the curved platform.

After 20 minutes someone turned up to open the platform gates but train held up and all other trains on the line delayed as it's a single line.

Someone said it was the Irish Rail Christmas Party last night :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Irish rail Christmas party. Must be some bash with 3000+ cie employees bopping the night away.

There are many reasons a staff member was not there to open up. Make a complaint is all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Irish rail Christmas party. Must be some bash with 3000+ cie employees bopping the night away.

There are many reasons a staff member was not there to open up. Make a complaint is all you can do.

Some of us got a free trip as couldn't get into the station to buy a ticket. I'm not going to complain about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Turned up for the first train to Galway from Clara station this morning at 9.00am but the station was locked and no staff member to be seen. The train arrives and passengers disembark but can't get out the station. I can't get to the platform and the driver needs a green flag to leave because of the curved platform.

After 20 minutes someone turned up to open the platform gates but train held up and all other trains on the line delayed as it's a single line.

Someone said it was the Irish Rail Christmas Party last night :)

Driver dons't need it anymore, Clara now has CCTV system in place for drivers to view before departing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

So why is every train leaving Clara still waved off with a green flag?

But more importantly why can"t the gate to the platform be left open so that passengers can still get on the train even if the ticket office is closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Nomis21 wrote: »
    So why is every train leaving Clara still waved off with a green flag?

But more importantly why can"t the gate to the platform be left open so that passengers can still get on the train even if the ticket office is closed?

While the station is still staffed I'm sure they will continue to send trains off. The new CCTV system was only commissioned a few weeks ago. I expect the train waited until somebody opened up to allow passengers board rather than a green flag. As for the gate, again most likely because it's staffed and to avoid anti social behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

haven't gotten early morning train from Clara in a while, but the gate was open, even though the station wasn't the last time I did

Advertisement