Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunds for IE strike days

Options
  • 23-12-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

So received my refund voucher for each of my 30kms (outer Short Hop zone) one way journey of EUR2, which I thought was a bit stingy. Instead I got the bus on those days, and that cost EUR3.65 each way.
    So I would have hoped the refunds were more in the EUR 3.50 bracket, per journey, in my case.
    Any point in complaining? I previously complained about the IE App and the Realtime aspect during delays, but the response I received was so wishy washy and vague, I vowed not to waste my time complaining to them.
    Do the NTA have to approve the refund calculation approach in advance? Or can IE just make it up themselves?
    All feedback welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The only thing I have heard about refunds is that those in the short hop zone were getting €4 per day and that is what some of my colleagues got - I am not on a period ticket myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

devnull wrote: »
    The only thing I have heard about refunds is that those in the short hop zone were getting €4 per day and that is what some of my colleagues got.
    That makes sense to what I received. Unfortunately the alternative journey options for those in the Short Hop zone (but in the outer zone of that)pay more on the bus. Will probably just let it go....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

Not sure how the current refund was calculated, but from memory the last time (as I had an annual ticket for the previous IE strike) they worked out the pro-rata cost per day of the ticket, and refunded a sum in accordance with this. How does the refund you got compare with that?

It may be important to note the distinction between a refund for the days they did/could not run a service, versus paying for you having to take a similar alternative. The former is what is intended to be provided, and given the discounts associated with a season ticket this is almost always going to fall short of the latter (which would be closer to a compensation than a refund) taken on an ad hoc/occasional basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

Can you please let me know how I would make a claim for the strike days. (Have an annual ticket)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Fill out the online claim form on their Website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

englander wrote: »
    Can you please let me know how I would make a claim for the strike days. (Have an annual ticket)
    Thanks
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news/industrialdispute

Advertisement