Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmony Ultimate Lightning Deal - £99 sterling

Options
  • 23-12-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Harmony Ultimate - going for £99 sterling on a lightning deal for today, don't have one but have seen guys on here before praising them it may suit someone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

iPhone. wrote: »
    Harmony Ultimate - going for £99 sterling on a lightning deal for today, don't have one but have seen guys on here before praising them it may suit someone.

That's some deal. I have one for about a year, one of the best gadgets I've ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

That's some deal. I have one for about a year, one of the best gadgets I've ever bought.

I just need a remote that makes a noise when I loose it... kids are amazing at hiding the remotes. Best thing Sky ever did was stick that button on the Sky Q box that makes the remote beep, it's a godsend (shame their remote is crap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I have 2 Amazon Echoes, plus a Hue Hub and lights, all controlled by Alexa.

Curious, what would I use this for, that I'm not already doing?

Actually can I use it to control my Firestick using my voice? That would be cool alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Great value! Snapped this one up and my Harmony one will be moved to the mancave :D
    Thanks OP

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Great value! Snapped this one up and my Harmony one will be moved to the mancave :D
    Thanks OP

I've really got to stop checking Bargain Alerts :(

Down another £99!

Turning on TV and playing 3D BluRays using my voice sold me, plus switching between Firestick / TV / etc etc using my voice

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dixon

Hmm, this or the Companion?:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201895-harmony-companion.aspx

I like the Smart buttons on the Companion, plus it's newer. Not sure how Logitech support their older devices, the hub says it's v1 and needs a firmware update

mrcheez wrote: »
    I have 2 Amazon Echoes, plus a Hue Hub and lights, all controlled by Alexa.

Curious, what would I use this for, that I'm not already doing?

It's a remote control. You use it with multiple devices, TV, Nvidia shield, HDMI switch, surround sound receiver, sat box, consoles, whatever you've got. You program which sources the devices use and then setup activities like watch TV, watch a movie, play a game. You can setup favourite channel icons on the touchscreen. I can tell my Google home to tell harmony put on sky news, it then turns on the required devices, sets them to the right source and sets the channel to sky news.

What do you use yours for?

Might as well get some research done before it arrives!

Just thought of something else cool, when playing my Oculus Rift I sometimes have to press a button on the keyboard if there's a pop up and doesn't show up in VR. Now I can just get Alexa to close any prompts like that without having to take my headset off (or try to fumble around for the keyboard without being able to see it!)

What do you use yours for?

Posted above

• Advertisement

Posted above

Thanks, I decided to purchase it after asking the question as 5 mins on YouTube convinced me of its merits.

1 month ago I just used Alexa to play Spotify.

Since a week ago Alexa controls all my lights.

When this arrives Alexa controls my house.

I am IronMan.

Thanks, I decided to purchase it after asking the question as 5 mins on YouTube convinced me of its merits.

1 month ago I just used Alexa to play Spotify.

Since a week ago Alexa controls all my lights.

When this arrives Alexa controls my house.

I am IronMan.

It's an addiction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does this work with Google Home in Ireland?

bromley52 wrote: »
    Does this work with Google Home in Ireland?

Yes but you have to set the home to English US, you should do this anyway, lots more stuff when it's set to US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Anyone else being charged for postage when trying to buy this? The price is showing as £101.48 + £6 postage?

Double C wrote: »
    Anyone else being charged for postage when trying to buy this? The price is showing as £101.48 + £6 postage?

Select free shipping instead of standard

unklerosco wrote: »
    Select free shipping instead of standard

Doh! Had one click purchase setup for some reason, it defaulted to standard postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Ordered this thanks op. Will move my 650 to the games room.

Pushed the button myself. Do we know why it goes from £99 to £101.48? Don't like them pushing my bargain over £100!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭arknine

Dixon wrote: »
    Pushed the button myself. Do we know why it goes from £99 to £101.48? Don't like them pushing my bargain over £100!

They have to charge Irish VAT if it is being shipped to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Trying hard not to buy this but I'm weak.

Trying to justify it to myself by saying it's the money I would have spent if I went out tonight.

Trying hard not to buy this but I'm weak.

Trying to justify it to myself by saying it's the money I would have spent if I went out tonight.

Heh I'm using the same excuse. I've been sick the last few days so instead of boozing I've bought this and the Nvidia Shield!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Heh I'm using the same excuse. I've been sick the last few days so instead of boozing I've bought this and the Nvidia Shield!

Have the shield myself. Great device.

You spend that much on a night out!? ... Boards night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

The ultimate model is older than the elite model. Elite was half price on black friday. I picked it up for "Alexa turn on the television"

Works pretty well but has trouble with the new samsungs that have dynamic hdmi selections in the source view.

Works pretty well but has trouble with the new samsungs that have dynamic hdmi selections in the source view.

You mean HDMI CEC? Just disable that sh1t
    https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/understanding-hdmi-and-cec

Cool, my TV does this now and it bugs the hell out of me.

Didn't know u could disable it

My remote arrived today... They could coat the inside of frying pans with whatever is on the back of the remote. It's insanely slippery... Annoyingly so. Anyone know if there's any cases/covers you can get for them?

unklerosco wrote: »
    My remote arrived today... They could coat the inside of frying pans with whatever is on the back of the remote. It's insanely slippery... Annoyingly so. Anyone know if there's any cases/covers you can get for them?

I always leave my remotes in plastic wrapping to make it easier to clean when grubby pizza fingers get on them. Does this remote have touch screen or works fine in plastic wrap?

• Advertisement
Advertisement