Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hendricks gin

Options
  • 23-12-2017 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

€30 a bottle (70cl) in Tesco atm.

(Normally €44)

Bargain so far as I'm concerned .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ella23

My Christmas Hero! Its fifty quid in some Off Licences! Ill be adding a trip to tesco tomorrow methinks! Thank you for the headsup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

champion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Now, this is a BA. A good quality product at a much cheaper price that people would like to buy but typically can’t justify.

Different than the usual, don’t know what it is but I must get one or it’s such a bargain that I’ll buy just in case I find a use.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭djdunny

Tesco have €10 off a €60 online shop or if you had a Dunnes shop & save voucher €10 off €50, making them even cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Where can u get those vouchers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Del007 wrote: »

The dunnes vouchers you get at the till when u buy something, even if you only buy a few euro worth you get the spend 40 get 8 off voucher, I don't do a big shop in dunnes so always keep any I get for Tesco. Tesco will accept vouchers from dunnes and SuperValu.

Thanks op re the gin, it's my drink of choice these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Del007 wrote: »

There might be some in the papers today?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nowt in Sligo yesterday afternoon..

.. not suprising..

.. a poorly stocked store at the best of times never mind having Hendricks for €30 at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

MaceFace wrote: »
    Now, this is a BA. A good quality product at a much cheaper price that people would like to buy but typically can’t justify.

Different than the usual, don’t know what it is but I must get one or it’s such a bargain that I’ll buy just in case I find a use.

Thanks OP.

This.

I popped in top Tesco yesterday evening for a few things, (oin my way to Aldi for the main shop) and when in the mixer aisle, heard a fella inform his partner that they were out of fevertree tonic - then say that Hendricks was reduced to €30 a bottle. :eek:

I was only in Tesco to get elderflower tonic before buying some boyles gin from Aldi.

Couldn't pass up Hendricks at that price though and picked up a couple of bottles.

Wife thinks I'm a great lad now altogether ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Got the last bottle in Roselawn. Thanks OP. I too was in Tesco yesterday to get the elderflower. Sold out in Roselawn have some un swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

None in nutgrove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Got the last bottle in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thanks OP. Picked a bottle up this morning in Merrion and used a spare €5 off Dunnes voucher to get it for the sum of €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Still showing on their site as being valid until tomorrow, so might be worth a punt trying for a click and collect, or home delivery.

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Hendricks&un_jtt_redirect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

CWF wrote: »
    Got the last bottle in Roselawn. Thanks OP. I too was in Tesco yesterday to get the elderflower. Sold out in Roselawn have some un swords.

I was in roselawn last night and they had none - got two bottles of beefeater 24 for 16 each though in a misprice so not all in vain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Browney7 wrote: »
    I was in roselawn last night and they had none - got two bottles of beefeater 24 for 16 each though in a misprice so not all in vain!

Not bad not bad. They got a new delivery in this morning I think. I'd say the staff swiped most except one. Seems to be the most likely scenario!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Got two bottles in Dundalk at lunchtime (thanks OP) and there was still plenty left...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is it any different in taste to Gordon’s or Beefeater or Bombay Saphire???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MaceFace wrote: »
    Got the last bottle in Naas

Damn you to hell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Extremely. It has a lot more botanicals in it, namely cucumber and rose. I actually can't stand gin but would drink a Hendricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Chalk and cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    €30 a bottle (70cl) in Tesco atm.

(Normally €44)

Bargain so far as I'm concerned .

Thanks, got a couple in Athlone....

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Jameson Black Barrel in Tesco too, for €30

Advertisement