Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asuka and her Streak... what will they do?

Options
  • 22-12-2017 4:04pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

She had a 500+ day reign in NXT as champ and has been undefeated ever since her arrival in WWE so how do you think they will handle her going forward?

Is she a cert to win the Womans Royal Rumble?

If so does her undefeated streak also mean she has to win the mix match challenge FB show?

I saw some talk recently after her switching to an Armbar finish instead of the Asuka lock that she may have Rousey in the future but Is anyone ready for Asuka?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Depends if Ronda is part of the RR tbh, if she is then she is winning. Anything else would be silly and as stated in another thread, it won't hurt her as lost a similar match at NXT when Eve threw her out.

Ideally we get Ronda v Asuka at Mania, where she will lose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd be more inclined to imagine that she might win the Rumble and win the title at Mania. While Rousey debuts just after the Rumble (or at the event itself perhaps costing Charlotte her title) and does her Horsewoman vs Horsewoman feud, then build to one of Rousey's handful of other matches at the following year at Mania as the one believable person who could break the streak ala Brock vs Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Asuka vs Ronda vs Steph in a 3 way at WM with Steph winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Asuka vs Ronda vs Steph in a 3 way at WM with Steph winning.

Via double arm bar. Then the other women come out & celebrate with yes chants. The shows ending has Stephanie hoisted up on Rousey & Asukas shoulders(the ones not armbarred onviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I do like the simple idea of Ronda winning the Rumble and facing the undefeated Asuka at Mania for the title. I think that would get the women's Rumble over strong right away and it would probably be the most eagerly anticipated women's match of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Have Scott Hall use a taser

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I can't see her losing to anyone but Charlotte to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I think the sooner she loses the streak the better.

If done the right way it could be a key part of her development.

But I'm not a fan of Rousey winning the RR and going on to beat her. Can't state strongly enough how much I despise this MMA bull**** that's seeping into pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

They'll ruin it, regardless. That is almost a given with the E at this stage.

I reckon they have in Asuka what they considered for a little bit with Charlotte, the chance for a female version of Taker's undefeated streak that they can promote. If they have her win the Royal Rumble her undefeated streak on the road to Wrestlemania will be heavily promoted. Have her become the champ at Mania by beating Alexa Bliss or Paige then hold the title for the year in dominant fashion before she faces off with the female Brock Lesnar in Ronda Rousey at Mania. Asuke and her streak as champ after that long vs the Rowdy One would be marketed like a true main event.

Rousey can have here Horsewoman vs Horsewoman deal at Mania before maybe facing Charlotte at Summerslam before she sets her eyes on the title. Like Brock you probably would not see her between those dates though.

• Advertisement

I do like the simple idea of Ronda winning the Rumble and facing the undefeated Asuka at Mania for the title. I think that would get the women's Rumble over strong right away and it would probably be the most eagerly anticipated women's match of all time.

Does not winning the rumble count as a defeat (obviously that NXT Battle Royal isn't umm cannon anymore) ?

Ronda can win that next year, have a wrestler do it on year 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Does not winning the rumble count as a defeat (obviously that NXT Battle Royal isn't umm cannon anymore) ?

Ronda can win that next year, have a wrestler do it on year 1.

I don't think losing the battle royal or royal rumble should count. Pin or submission is the only way to break the streak. Similarly if she was in a triple threat or fatal four etc as long as she doesn't take the pin then the streak continues as she was never beaten personally. I know sounds like a cop out but we've often seen a third person added to a match to take the pin eg kane next month in the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why say the battle royal wasn't canon? They bring up her steak in nxt multiple times so nxt counts

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why say the battle royal wasn't canon? They bring up her steak in nxt multiple times so nxt counts

I guess just in the sense that it has never been mentioned despitee being the one asterisk beside her having not lost a match (not how they usually bill it but im pretty sure ive heard them say this of her). She my fav for the Rumble anyway

Who is she paired up with in the mix match challenge? Think I heard something about her and Goldust. Surely if they don't win the competition that counts as her streak over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They'll ruin it, regardless. That is almost a given with the E at this stage.

I do think they screw it up and give to some Woman wrestler who doesn't need the rub i.e Charlotte. It's what Asuka does once the unbeaten run is over which will be interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if they start beaten her more regularly to get their chosen ones over. Also wouldn't be surprising if Vince turns her into a female version of Tajiri and makes her into a comedy character who can wrestle.

I see either seen her losing at WM to Paige and her gang after she beats Alexa for the Raw Woman's title probably at Raw 25th anniversary show. I'm more leaning that way imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The sooner they end it the better, that way stuff like what they did on Raw with Alexa getting so much offence in won't be so maddening.

Advertisement