Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 32 inch TV from B&M store in a hurry under €200?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd avoid any of the ones from PowerCity, as they all are only 50Hz. Would avoid the one in HarveyNorman's as well, as it's 50Hz. Also, don't like anything that says "HD Ready".

=-=

Of the two from Currys that you linked to, only the second one (JVC LT-32C473) lists an audio output (headphone jack). This would allow you to insert a stereo cable for a 2.0 sound bar. So if the sound wasn't great, no big loss, you can plug in a 2.0 sound-bar. It's not something you have to buy right now, and it may save the day if the sound from the TV speakers aren't great.

Another benefit of the sound bar, is that most can be paired by bluetooth, so you can link it to your phone and play music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Excellent. Thank you :)

I am heading out to buy it in the next 30 minutes, i did not think there would be a reply yet, as it was so late when i posted it. Saved me a headache and more importantly, from buying the Blaupunkt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They did not have the JVC LT-32C473, so i bought the JVC LT-32C460. It does have a Headphone jack and also has a PC Audio out but no optical out. I would not think that will be needed anyway.
    The sound from them is apparently not that good. I know that the LT-32C460 has 16W RMS and the LT-32C473 has 8W RMS, but they do not state anything else. I am guessing that they will need at least, some bass.
    I have some old TV 5.1 speakers from a good few years ago that i may be able to improve something with.
    The main thing is that i got the TV :D

Thanks again! :)

Advertisement