Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Transat

Options
  • 21-12-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Heading to Toronto in July with 4 kids in tow. Was thinking of booking the flight with Air Transat as they're a nice but cheaper than aerlingus. Would anybody recommend them or recommend they be avoided. What's the legroom like, as I'm tall enough and with the kids an extra bit of room will help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

17togo wrote: »
    Heading to Toronto in July with 4 kids in tow. Was thinking of booking the flight with Air Transat as they're a nice but cheaper than aerlingus. Would anybody recommend them or recommend they be avoided. What's the legroom like, as I'm tall enough and with the kids an extra bit of room will help!

I haven't flown them but from the looks of it they still operate A310 on DUB-YYZ route which only has shared video screens. Looks like seat pitch in economy is 32-33 inches which is slightly above standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I flew with them from Toronto to Cuba, they cost me an expensive bottle of Irish whiskey as they did a tech stop on the way and I lost the whiskey to security.

But apart from that, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them, they delivered as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I haven't flown them but from the looks of it they still operate A310 on DUB-YYZ route which only has shared video screens. Looks like seat pitch in economy is 32-33 inches which is slightly above standard.

Also A330 on the route. Prob a 70/30 split between the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I flew with them last year from Dublin to Toronto. I had no complaints, the in-flight entertainment was not up to much so bring something along to entertain you and the family. They have a "premium" option that gives you a bit of extra legroom and you can use a dedicated desk in Toronto . I would use them again no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭17togo

Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a chance so I think!

• Advertisement
Advertisement