Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG SJ3 300W 2.1Ch Bluetooth Sound Bar with Wireless Sub €179.99

Options
  • 21-12-2017 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

I bought the 55 inch LG tv from the other thread I started on Argos. Now I'm thinking of a sound bar. Ideally it would be silver to match the TV, but I'm flexible if the price is right. Here is one I've come across. Any other suggestions?

=========================

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1177112

This LG SJ3 Soundbar comes with a 2.1 Channel 300W Speaker Set Up plus Wireless Bass, Auto Sound Engine and Enhanced Sound Modes. Hook up through Bluetooth connectivity to LG Sound Sync your TV & Soundbar. Fab first Bar for your home.

2.1 channels.
    DTS.
    Dolby.
    Optical audio connection.
    Total power output: 300 watts.
    Speaker bar: 100 watts.
    Subwoofer: 200 watts.
    1 USB port.
    Bluetooth.
    Remote control batteries required 2 x AAA (included) .
    Size of speaker bar H47, W71, D95cm.
    Weight of speaker bar 2.5kg.
    Size of subwoofer H32, W25.2, D17.1cm.
    EAN: 8806084061324.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

For a similar price - The systems mentioned in the other thread, specifically the D.I.D offer are all decent

The Sony HT-MT300 is also on offer on Amazon Italy for €169. It comes to €188 delivered directly to Ireland, or €176.76 to PW/PM/AP + €4.
    It is also on offer on Amazon Spain for €199

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/sony-ht-mt300-soundbar

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

cronos wrote: »
    I bought the 55 inch LG tv from the other thread I started on Argos. Now I'm thinking of a sound bar. Ideally it would be silver to match the TV, but I'm flexible if the price is right. Here is one I've come across. Any other suggestions?

=========================

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1177112

This LG SJ3 Soundbar comes with a 2.1 Channel 300W Speaker Set Up plus Wireless Bass, Auto Sound Engine and Enhanced Sound Modes. Hook up through Bluetooth connectivity to LG Sound Sync your TV & Soundbar. Fab first Bar for your home.

2.1 channels.
    DTS.
    Dolby.
    Optical audio connection.
    Total power output: 300 watts.
    Speaker bar: 100 watts.
    Subwoofer: 200 watts.
    1 USB port.
    Bluetooth.
    Remote control batteries required 2 x AAA (included) .
    Size of speaker bar H47, W71, D95cm.
    Weight of speaker bar 2.5kg.
    Size of subwoofer H32, W25.2, D17.1cm.
    EAN: 8806084061324.

Is there a HDMI port on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I have that soundbar. It's decent, good sound, but the Bluetooth signal the soundbar uses to communicate with the sub woofer kills the house wifi signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Suckit wrote: »
    For a similar price - The systems mentioned in the other thread, specifically the D.I.D offer are all decent

The Sony HT-MT300 is also on offer on Amazon Italy for €169. It comes to €188 delivered directly to Ireland, or €176.76 to PW/PM/AP + €4.
    It is also on offer on Amazon Spain for €199

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/sony-ht-mt300-soundbar

Any thoughts on which is the best deal? DiD offer seems to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

cronos wrote: »
    Any thoughts on which is the best deal? DiD offer seems to be gone.

I think the DID offer is in store only?

Apart from that (and probably including it :)), I think that they are all priced at their normal price, so none seem to be any more of a bargain than the other.
    They are on sale in the UK slightly lower in different stores (Argos, Tesco, Sainsbury) if you can get them to deliver to Address Pal (seems to be the one that most will deliver to without questioning). But that is only assuming you do not mind waiting for it. But if that is the case, then there may be better 'sales' coming up in the next week or so.
    The Sony after delivery to Ireland works out at roughly the normal price but as it does not seem possible to get it here for that price, it seems to be the best offer (it is if you live in central Europe).

I would probably go with the Sony to PW/PM/AP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Suckit wrote: »
    I think the DID offer is in store only?

Apart from that (and probably including it :)), I think that they are all priced at their normal price, so none seem to be any more of a bargain than the other.
    They are on sale in the UK slightly lower in different stores (Argos, Tesco, Sainsbury) if you can get them to deliver to Address Pal (seems to be the one that most will deliver to without questioning). But that is only assuming you do not mind waiting for it. But if that is the case, then there may be better 'sales' coming up in the next week or so.
    The Sony after delivery to Ireland works out at roughly the normal price but as it does not seem possible to get it here for that price, it seems to be the best offer (it is if you live in central Europe).

I would probably go with the Sony to PW/PM/AP.

Think I'll wait for the sales. I'm not in a rush. I'd like something that's actually a good bargain. If you spot anything let us know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Picked this up yesterday from DID Galway. Really good sound. €190 with 1year warranty, but no box. Some lad on done deal selling a year old similar model for €290.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/audio-video/curved-soundbar-j6501r/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Sonos down to 179 in the arnotts sale.....might be of interest to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

That was a great deal you got but looks to be store specific and the only one they had. If I could one in Dublin I’d be happy!
    Picked this up yesterday from DID Galway. Really good sound. €190 with 1year warranty, but no box. Some lad on done deal selling a year old similar model for €290.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/audio-video/curved-soundbar-j6501r/

Advertisement