Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manor Farm Chicken

Options
  • 21-12-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Edit: Removed OP pending thread deletion by mod, cant do it myself

Thanks for input knowledgeable people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

That's Bone Marrow. The chicken had a bone broken before it was slaughtered.

Its a natural material and you could of eaten it.

Nothing to worry about here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

afatbollix wrote: »

Apt username to settle the thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

afatbollix wrote: »

Wow very informative.i never knew that.i would have eaten it anyway but great to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Yeah that's normal. It's amazing how detached we are from the food we eat, which at one stage were living breathing animals with bones and organs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Unless you can find fault with or contradict the explanation of their Quality Assurance Manager as you've quoted, it doesn't seem fair for you to impugn them publicly. The company and their employees have to make a living the same as you and me and deserve to be presumed honest until proven otherwise.

• Advertisement

I'm impressed by the detailed and seemingly accurate response you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Nothing to worry about OP - it's just bone marrow. Good for protein!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It is quite odd to see such an indignant reaction considering the logical and factual response you got OP. Whatever about being shocked to see it at first but after their reply it is ridiculous to discourage people from buying their produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Me too, have made plenty of chicken gravy and its always fairly clear.

Amazed so many here knew what it was, I eat a lot of chicken and never saw this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So continue buying Manor Farm Chickens and they actually follow up on their emails from the public. Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Poor chickenðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm impressed by the detailed and seemingly accurate response you got.
    It is quite odd to see such an indignant reaction considering the logical and factual response you got OP. Whatever about being shocked to see it at first but after their reply it is ridiculous to discourage people from buying their produce.

Agree with these.

Let me get this straight... You complain about a product to the supplier who gave you a detailed response with clear explanation, but you post it here to show everyone else and discourage people to buy from the supplier. Then some random poster reiterates what the supplier told you, so now you think it's grand.

What exactly were you hoping for when you created this thread?

Agree with these.

Let me get this straight... You complain about a product to the supplier who gave you a detailed response with clear explanation, but you post it here to show everyone else and discourage people to buy from the supplier. Then some random poster reiterates what the supplier told you, so now you think it's grand.

What exactly were you hoping for when you created this thread?

Didnt believe the QA as it sounded like BS, marrow is borwn and when cooked its clear. Feel free to delete thread, I'm a reasonable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,099 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Shemale wrote: »
    I bought a Manor Farm Chicken, cooked it and ate some when I saw what lay in the middle I vommited, looks like a tumour to me

I contacted Manor Farm and after investigating they came up with this "I spoke to the Quality Assurance Manager on site about this complaint and have concluded the due to the discoloration of the breast meat that this was a case of bone marrow seepage. This can occur when a slight fracture occurs in the chicken bone. In this case it was the breast bone that the bone marrow seepage is showing. When the fracture occurs this allows the bone marrow to seep into the adjacent meat, causing discolouration of the bones and meat. Unfortunately this anomaly only occurs when the chicken is cooked. It has no public health significance."

Anyway just a heads up, havent bought any of their produce since nor will I in the future

Go vegan if you're that squeamish.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Go vegan if you're that squeamish.

Never

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Didnt believe the QA as it sounded like BS, feel free to delete thread, I'm a reasonable person.

Leave it open so we may pour scorn on you

Leave it open so we may pour scorn on you

How in the hell do lay people know brown marrow turns white chicken red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

On the plus side Manor farm appears to be an actual farm, unlike many of the various supermarket brands

In March 2016 Tesco, the UK’s largest retailer, sparked controversy after launching a budget range of seven own-label “farm” brands – including 'Woodside Farms' and 'Boswell Farms' for fruit and veg as well as meat – based on British-sounding but fictitious names. Some foods were imported from overseas and given British names to make them sound local.

I'd only steak from 'Old Mc Donald's Good Time Countryside Farm and Vineyard'.

OP deleted pending thread deletion by mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They probably don't. But when a expert tells you what it is, that's generally the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi there, I'll take five of them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there was a girls only school near us when i was growing up that was nicknamed manor farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Do hens lay people?

Advertisement