Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - Half price for Movies and Entertainment

Options
  • 21-12-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

This just popped up again.

I actually joined myself on Black Friday and find it amazing on the Apple TV.

No contract either - Might be good for a once off purchase for Sky Movies for christmas for the young ones too. 7 euro for the month

http://www.nowtv.com/ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bobgaf

Is there any way to buy the pass now but use it down the line ( not have the pass start immediately ) ?
    I've bought a Now TV box but don't plan to start using it for a while.
    Would like to bank a few of these if that were possible.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Slight warning on this.

I signed up recently to NowTV, so as to have their selections of movies for Christmas. Foolishly, I assumed I would be able to watch these on my TV with my Chromecast. Whilst NowTV does offer Chromecast support for Uk customers, it does not offer it for its ROI service : |

Utterly useless service for me, as I stopped watching movies on my laptop about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Charlie wrote: »
    Slight warning on this.

I signed up recently to NowTV, so as to have their selections of movies for Christmas. Foolishly, I assumed I would be able to watch these on my TV with my Chromecast. Whilst NowTV does offer Chromecast support for Uk customers, it does not offer it for its ROI service : |

Utterly useless service for me, as I stopped watching movies on my laptop about 10 years ago.

If you have a PS3 nowtv has a downloadable app or from an android tablet you could use something like allcast or a VPN and change region to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Is there ever offers on the sports packages?
    might get the week pass for the football. anyone know the quality of the streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

might get the week pass for the football. anyone know the quality of the streams?

You can buy day passes for UK accounts on Ebay for 99p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Charlie wrote: »
    Slight warning on this.

Chromecast support added to Irish now TV last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

flexcon wrote: »
    This just popped up again.

I actually joined myself on Black Friday and find it amazing on the Apple TV.

No contract either - Might be good for a once off purchase for Sky Movies for christmas for the young ones too. 7 euro for the month

http://www.nowtv.com/ie

Thank you.
    We have 1.5 months left on a 2 month entertainment pass. Can I buy these passes now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Millem wrote: »
    Thank you.
    We have 1.5 months left on a 2 month entertainment pass. Can I buy these passes now?

Winter offer: Offer available to existing NOW TV customers (customers must currently be paying full price or have less than 30 days to run on their existing offer). 18+. UK only. Offer not available to existing customers currently billed by a third parties such as Vodafone or Apple. At the end of the pre-paid period month passes automatically renew at standard price unless cancelled (Entertainment Month Pass currently at £7.99 a month and Sky Cinema Month Pass currently at £9.99 a month). Offer ends 31 Dec 2017 at 23:59. Savings claims based on the standard price paid by existing customers (standard monthly price Entertainment Pass currently at £7.99 a month and Sky Cinema Pass currently at £9.99 a month). NOW TV account set up with debit/credit card required. NOW TV terms apply (nowtv.com/terms). Content streamed via broadband/3G (costs may apply) to compatible device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Irish T&Cs are different to UK ones.

"2 months of NOW TV for the price of 1: Available to new NOW TV customers signing up via www.nowtv.com/ie/ only. 18+. ROI only. NOW TV Entertainment and Cinema Pass at €7.50 a month for the first 2 months. At the end of the offer period month passes automatically renew at standard price unless cancelled (Entertainment Month Pass currently at €15 a month, Sky Cinema Month Pass currently at €15 a month). Offer ends 05 Jan 2018 at 23:59. Savings claims based on the standard price paid by existing customers. You can cancel any time. NOW TV account set up with debit/credit card required for new NOW TV customers. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another offer. NOW TV terms apply (nowtv.com/terms). Content streamed via broadband/3G (costs may apply) to compatible device."

Two week free trial seems to be gone unless you're buying a new box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

bobgaf wrote: »
    Is there any way to buy the pass now but use it down the line ( not have the pass start immediately ) ?
    I've bought a Now TV box but don't plan to start using it for a while.
    Would like to bank a few of these if that were possible.
    Thanks.

Yes, when you buy the pass it stays in the account until the first play basically. So you can use whenever you like

• Advertisement

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    If you have a PS3 nowtv has a downloadable app or from an android tablet you could use something like allcast or a VPN and change region to the UK

No need to do this with NOW TV. The content is exactly the same in Irish and UK streams. The only difference is, you need a UK VPN to pay when using the UK account.

Very rare the offers come up. I use it myself for any F1 grand prix that isn't on Channel 4 live that weekend.

Millem wrote: »
    Thank you.

Yes you can. Once you purchase now, they will attach on for when your current passes run out.

Advertisement