Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Belfast on Christmas Eve

Options
  • 21-12-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi

Booked a last minute break away and flying from Belfast International Airport on Sunday at lunchtime. Wonder if anyone could anticipate what traffic will be like? haven't driven this route before and I don'k know if it will be

quiet because it's a Sunday or
    manic as people rush around doing last minute shopping/deliveries

Travelling from Cabinteely, S Dublin

thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Hard to predict but if the flight is at lunchtime which i'm taking as 1pm. Then you need to be there by 12 noon so leaving Cabinteely at 930 you shouldn't really hit much traffic.
    It's a bit early to be impacted by traffic on the M50. The M1 is not usually mad busy heading northbound before 5pm on a weekday so very unlikely to be bad at that hour on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Thanks, flight actually 11.45 and I was going to leave some time to get lost (just in case). Also, not sure if Belfast will be anything like Dublin which is pretty crazy atmo! But, thanks for the advice

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The international airport is this side of Belfast so you shouldn't get caught up in any traffic, well apart from near Lisburn.

If it's that early you'll be fine, i'd be leaving around 7/730 myself just to be chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

You don't go near Belfast for International. Go west when you hit the M1 at Sprucefield and take the next exit. If you go via Belfast you're taking a very long detour.

As it's Sunday no shops will be open before one so I'd imagine traffic would be grand. I hope so at least, cos I'll be heading back up here myself that morning! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Thanks so much and for the advice on where to turn off!

have a safe journey

• Advertisement
Advertisement