Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Dundalk

Options
  • 20-12-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

stock-vector-santa-and-bag-of-money-christmas-gift-cash-red-sack-with-dollars-537996175.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Indian tomahawk

Indian tomahawk

Price is disintegrating. 8-1 still available on bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Rummaging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

He's Our Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Blue Bounty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Three Majors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Word for Clares Island in the 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I see levins sends 3 across to Chelmsford and doesn't have a single runner at Dundalk tonight

gazza1 wrote: »
    I see levins sends 3 across to Chelmsford and doesn't have a single runner at Dundalk tonight

Hope they all die of AIDS (in the nicest possible way of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

General Tufto having his 200th career start today.

Won this time last year off a mark of 47, is running of 49 today and coming off a long break. 25/1 ew just in case

12:45 Soutwell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He's Our Music

Boyles and Ladbrokes have this as 5/2 Fav :pac::pac:

Youll get 8/1 , 7/1 , 13/2 in other books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Le Rocher has to be worth a few quid at 7/4, decent hurdler and getting 11lbs off the only other runner Overtown Express, granted OE looks the better chaser of the pair but LR worth a play at those odds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Boyles and Ladbrokes have this as 5/2 Fav :pac::pac:

Youll get 8/1 , 7/1 , 13/2 in other books

Great time of year - bookies no idea what to be doing :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Not quite Fundalk but Southwell & Chelmsford will have to do for me today!

Men United came in for market support throughout the day when returning from a six week break over C&D recently but failed to fire in the way he can on a proper going day (not that they're too often, hence why he's 1-33!). A first-time visor, which was replacing blinkers, led to the horse racing on the keen side and it's not much of a surprise to see Roy Bowring dispense of all headgear this time around (tongue-tie goes on; went well wearing one before). If he settles down and saves a bit of energy for the closing stages, I wouldn't be surprised to see a much improved effort. 10/1 makes enough appeal to play.

Over at Chelmsford, I'm going to take a chance on Envisaging backing up his recent maiden success over 6f at Newcastle (campaigned at 7f-1m beforehand). That was a while in the making as he went 0-10 previously but had posted a number of fine efforts in defeat, including in handicap company, and remains unexposed as a sprinter. Whether he will be able to match the raw speed of some of these battle-hardened handicappers remains to be seen but I do think it'll suit if PJ McDonald doesn't get caught out of his ground on a horse who looks sure to finish the race off strongly. With the right tactical scenario playing out, he should go close.

Southwell:
    3:25 - Men United - 1pt @ 10/1 (General)

Chelmsford:
    8:15 - Envisaging - 1.50pts @ 5/1 (General)

Nobody could have forseen Ebonys Encores poor run in the first at Exeter, opened at 7/4, out to 8/1 before off, rancid

Shemale wrote: »
    Nobody could have forseen Ebonys Encores poor run in the first at Exeter, opened at 7/4, out to 8/1 before off, rancid

Travertine no doubt will go close for same combo 6/1 out to 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He's Our Music
    Looks like the Christmas money is on this in a big way.

Rummaging for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Clare Island 5/2 7pm against a field of rogues.This is a shocking race and if 3 yr old Clare Island has a future he should beat this lot with a minimum of fuss.MAX bet.

antietam wrote: »
    Clare Island 5/2 7pm against a field of rogues.This is a shocking race and if 3 yr old Clare Island has a future he should beat this lot with a minimum of fuss.MAX bet.

Most likely winner for sure but looked beat fair and square last time and hard to make case for it being much shorter than 5/2 IMO - liked Blue Bounty who looked most likely winner at 2 pole over furlong further last time out so drop back in trip looks ideal, don't know much about trainer but do well to be worse than Culloty or Tompkins. Mark of 46 well within his capability if building on last run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Heffernan to fire a quick double in the first two in Dundalk tonight. Will set up the Xmas nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Dundalk
    4.30 khwarizmi
    5.00 Rosenberg rider
    5.30 bubbly Bellini
    6.00 smart stinger NB
    6.30 sheisdiesel nap
    7.00 strategic force
    7.30 sharjah
    8.00pivotal connection

Chelmsford
    5.45 complicit
    6.15 the British lion
    6.45 best blue nap
    7.15 delaguista NB
    7.45 anna Medici
    8.15 nezar
    8.45 pulsating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sharjah had his lot for the season last week. :pac:

I love when BF is down and the bookies absolutely **** the cacks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You Gotta Move 20-1 PP

I like this for a place at least. It ran a decent race over C&d in Nov and has
    been consistent all year, rarely out of contention.
    It's a nice place price at 20-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

As many people have said without the machine most bookies these days wouldn't know if a horse should be 10 or 100

https://twitter.com/nickgoff79/status/943871729100869638

Worldʼs Greatest 11-1 4 places PP

Short of room a bit last time out here. With 4 places
    it's a great EW

You Gotta Move 20-1 PP

I like this for a place at least. It ran a decent race over C&d in Nov and has
    been consistent all year, rarely out of contention.
    It's a nice place price at 20-1

Dunno what that jockey was at, clear run up inside, leading or at least in line 1.5 f out and had no intention of winning or trying to win.

Red All Stat 9-1 BS 7.00

Very consistent, second to Clare Island, today's favourite last time out over
    this trip. The swing in weight can see it go closer.
    Boyles have 4 places in this one.
    Good ew at 9-1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You'd think Betdaq would be making hay, but no, liquidity there is non existent.

• Advertisement

You'd think Betdaq would be making hay, but no, liquidity there is non existent.

500 quid matched with nothing on the back side for half the field twenty mins before the off of the 5 oclock at Dundalk with their main competitor down. Laughable

Advertisement