Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi EX60-3 ecu

Options
  • 20-12-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Have a EX60-3 that won't run. Engine will start after a bit of cranking but idles roughly for a few seconds and dies. The I, L, E & P buttons have no effect when it runs for the few seconds but the stepper motor does sound like its working as you can hear and see it move the lever on the pump after it stalls and you press a button. Had a man down check all the diesel filters, so its all good there. Was told the ECU is done and could cost around 3 or 4k euro to fix plus the mechanic wants the machine in his yard to work at it.

Now I know the ecus are about 1k or so and they're relocating a diesel filter but I can't understand why it could cost that amount or how the hell I'm supposed to take a digger that doesn't run out of a shed and onto a low loader? Anybody have experience with replacing the ECU on these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

EJ88 wrote: »
    Have a EX60-3 that won't run. Engine will start after a bit of cranking but idles roughly for a few seconds and dies. The I, L, E & P buttons have no effect when it runs for the few seconds but the stepper motor does sound like its working as you can hear and see it move the lever on the pump after it stalls and you press a button. Had a man down check all the diesel filters, so its all good there. Was told the ECU is done and could cost around 3 or 4k euro to fix plus the mechanic wants the machine in his yard to work at it.

Now I know the ecus are about 1k or so and they're relocating a diesel filter but I can't understand why it could cost that amount or how the hell I'm supposed to take a digger that doesn't run out of a shed and onto a low loader? Anybody have experience with replacing the ECU on these?

Came across this before with a -3. Make sure the motor and linkage onto the pump are not slipping. You could get someone else to drive the machine while you manually manipulate the lever on the pump to acclerate it. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EJ88

Came across this before with a -3. Make sure the motor and linkage onto the pump are not slipping. You could get someone else to drive the machine while you manually manipulate the lever on the pump to acclerate it. Where are you located?

I'll give that a try. Located in Donegal.

Advertisement