Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken nose recovery christmas

Options
  • 20-12-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi All,

I had an operation done for broken nose yesterday. I have splints and nose strap on atm and have been prescribed amoclav, paracetamol and brupro. I am getting the splints removed this Saturday and nose strap next Wednesday 27th.

Here's my issue, I have been told that I am not allowed consume alcohol for 10 days. CHRISTMAS DAY will be 6 days after the surgery. The doctor said not to have alcohol on Christmas day. I am thinking he has to say things like this but he did seem to give slight wink when said it. I really want to have few beers on Christmas day. Would it be a serious mistake to do so and what would be possible consequences if I do so. Please don't say falling over or risk banging of nose :)

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

yomamma wrote: »
    Hi All,

I had an operation done for broken nose yesterday. I have splints and nose strap on atm and have been prescribed amoclav, paracetamol and brupro. I am getting the splints removed this Saturday and nose strap next Wednesday 27th.

Here's my issue, I have been told that I am not allowed consume alcohol for 10 days. CHRISTMAS DAY will be 6 days after the surgery. The doctor said not to have alcohol on Christmas day. I am thinking he has to say things like this but he did seem to give slight wink when said it. I really want to have few beers on Christmas day. Would it be a serious mistake to do so and what would be possible consequences if I do so. Please don't say falling over or risk banging of nose :)

Tnx

Best to ask your GP about that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

Arbie wrote: »
    Best to ask your GP about that one!

And pay 60 euro to ask one question? Had enough hospital bills paid!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

Medical advice isn't permitted on the site. If you want advice on your specific situation, you should ask a health professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement