Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value sim contract?

Options
  • 20-12-2017 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm coming to the end of my €50 per month 3 contract attached to a phone.

I would generally just continue with a fresh contract and pay a few bob for the latest android phone. But I'm now sick to my back teeth of huge monthly bills (at my own choosing granted)

Once I'm clear of 3 contract, in the coming weeks, what's the best sim contract options out there to reduce my spend.?

I'll just use my current handset.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Without your usage nobody can answer you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

ED E wrote: »
    Without your usage nobody can answer you.

Apologies,

I suppose I just wanted to know what good packages were out there sim only for new contract. Just to get options.

Unlimited calls/texts - best offers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

€20 per month with Eir for 6 months in bundle with Fibre or TV, rising to €25 after 6 months unlimited. Add €5 if not in bundle. Subtract €5 if 400 minutes off-net mobile is sufficient for you instead of unlimited.

Be wary of just choosing on price. Big differences between networks and some services dont have 4G.

€20 per month with Eir for 6 months in bundle with Fibre or TV, rising to €25 after 6 months unlimited. Add €5 if not in bundle. Subtract €5 if 400 minutes off-net mobile is sufficient for you instead of unlimited.

Be wary of just choosing on price. Big differences between networks and some services dont have 4G.

I'm happy with my fibre and TV. Only looking for individual mobile package. But thanks... Good value alright. Anyone use Tesco mobile? I've heard they are quite good in terms of value

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

sticker wrote:
    I'm happy with my fibre and TV. Only looking for individual mobile package. But thanks... Good value alright. Anyone use Tesco mobile? I've heard they are quite good in terms of value

Virgin Media all inclusive at 15 euro for first 4 months and then 25 from then on. All calls, texts, data included!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ive gone through all the providers down through the years and best I've had in terms of service reliability and customer service was Vodafone. I got the Red Connect sim only. Works at 30 a month. Unlimited calls/txt and 10gb data.

Virgin Media all inclusive at 15 euro for first 4 months and then 25 from then on. All calls, texts, data included!

Thanks. Can't say better than that package...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

But no 2FA codes from Bank of Ireland, Paypal, Park by text.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Lycamobile 15 a month all calls/texts 15gb data (3G) Ireland plus plan bundle

It can currently be done for 7.50 a month.Month one top up by 15 which gives all calls, 10gb data and you keep your 15, use any internet message service to avoid paying for texts
    End of month one use the 15 to buy the above bundle so 2 months has cost 15

Rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have a look here and here

• Advertisement
Advertisement