Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Mate 10

Options
  • 19-12-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of buying this, current price is 650 euro here in Spain with free SmartScale and Band 2 Pro (which I'll never use) if they deliver that to Ireland

Am I mad, kinda way over my budget but the phone looked great in the shop. Amazon have it around 620 (discounting unknown sellers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You can pick it up for about 540 on eglobal central. That's the dual SIM 64gb version for global market.

But read reviews on the website first and make up your own mind. Bought a few items and never had a problem myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is this a phone for Geordies?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You can pick it up for about 540 on eglobal central. That's the dual SIM 64gb version for global market.

But read reviews on the website first and make up your own mind. Bought a few items and never had a problem myself.

Only problem with that is if there are any problems you have no guarantee in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I emailed Huawei directly and asked about the warranty.

As long as it is a genuine Huawei phone (has a genuine serial number) and it is the global version, the phone will covered under Huawei warranty in Ireland. I have that in an email, so would be happy to purchase the device on eglobal.

Perhaps you should email them yourself so you have something in writing in case something goes wrong with the phone.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Only problem with that is if there are any problems you have no guarantee in Europe

I emailed Huawei directly and asked about the warranty.

As long as it is a genuine Huawei phone (has a genuine serial number) and it is the global version, the phone will covered under Huawei warranty in Ireland. I have that in an email, so would be happy to purchase the device on eglobal.

Perhaps you should email them yourself so you have something in writing in case something goes wrong with the phone.

Thanks, will look in to it when I'm home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

The Mate Pro 10 is available on Vodafone with a free moleskine smart writing set at the moment.

First phone I've bought from a provider since 2011, so I hope I can deal with the bloatware.

Zagato wrote: »
    First phone I've bought from a provider since 2011, so I hope I can deal with the bloatware.

Haven't even noticed the bloatware - few things I'll probably never use and of course some other apps that take preference over stock apps but you can change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

I'm tempted to get the normal Mate 10 once the price drops a bit more. There's a 6Gb/128Gb version that I'm keeping an eye on but still too rich for my blood.

Pretty good price on the Mate 10 Pro from Amazon at the moment - £382

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Any reason not to get this? Looks a great price.

• Advertisement

Presume the upcoming Mate 20 is the reason for the price drop, rumoured to be in Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I guess the Mate 20 pro would be almost double the current Mate 10 price? Think I'll pull the trigger on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Pulled the trigger on Amazon for one yesterday. Arrived in Parcel Motel up North this morning so should be able to pick it up on the way to work tomorrow.

Advertisement