Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem -Revival

Options
  • 19-12-2017 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I listened to it yesterday. As everyone has been sh*tting on it, I was hoping that I'd like it.
    I didn't.

Terrible beats.
    Terrible concepts.
    Terrible construction of songs.
    Terrible changes in voice.
    Alright rapping but nothing to get me excited.

I heard someone say that he was making songs to play in front of 100,000 sold out arenas. That pretty much nails it I think, a few simple songs with catch big names on the hooks. and they are not even that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Too many features actually being a problem for me but overall it just felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be, trying to appease the fans who want the old Eminem back, the joking, immature one and others who like the more mature Em. It got a lost a little in between both, as such doesn't flow brilliantly.

Having said that, there is definitely 3 or 4 songs I really like on it and only 1 I really dislike. The rest are just varying degrees of meh tbh some I like ok some not so much. It took me a couple of listens to think anything of it at all really.

As with most Eminem releases it will sell well and get a "mixed" reception from the critics. He is still capable of genius and is as technically proficient as he has ever been but the consistency isn't there anymore throughout an album.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Agree with Stringer, album isn't quite sure what it wants to be I think.

I initially turned it off after about 5 songs on my first listen, but i was on a flight so that may be why (apple headphones don't drown out ryanairs engines I tells ya)

But I've been listening to it alot more since. The start of the album is quite poor I think, but picks up towards the end.

Castle and Arose are very good imo. Quite like In My Head, Nowhere Fast, Tragic Endings and Like Home.

Read someone say it sounds like all the songs that didn't make Recovery/Relapse/MMLP2. Sorta agree. Framed sounds like its straight off of Relapse, which I enjoy tbf!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Agree with that, weak start but gets better for sure, I do like the opening track too though. Castle and Arose absolute standouts for sure, the accent in how he says Framed puts me off an otherwise decent track :D

I have listened to it a fair bit the last week or so and it is one that has definitely grown on me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I have tried to give it more time to grow on me but it's not happening at all.

Believe is good, the hook is trash but this is often the case on Eminem tracks so I can overlook that. Framed - exact same verdict as Believe. Castle is pretty good, one of the few tracks where the hook is actually good. Arose? Yeah it's good compared to most of the other tracks on the album, but still sounds like a worse version of something he's done before.

The rest of the album really doesn't warrant talking about for me, but really quickly I will give special mention to Untouchable, Like Home, Bad Husband, Tragic Endings and Nowhere Fast; these are some of the very worst tracks of his entire career and he has got them all on the one album.

He was very quick to backtrack on Relapse (unfairly I thought) but this project makes Relapse look like Illmatic imo. Wonder if he'll be back with a new album next year trashing this one like he did Relapse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement