Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galibier - Superb customer service

Options
  • 19-12-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭

I bought the new Galibier Bedoin Podium jacket early last week (Tuesday I think).
    It arrived on Friday but the size medium was too big.
    So I emailed Galibier to ask them if they’d please hold a size small for me until the medium I was returning arrived back to them.
    Later on Friday evening I received a reply telling me there would be a size small in the post on Saturday morning.
    True to their word the new jacket arrived on Monday and fitted perfectly.
    Thankfully I got confirmation that the jacket I returned arrived today.

I don’t know of many (or any) companies that would post out a replacement before the original was returned. Superb customer service and glad to see a bit of trust still exists out there!

I know Galibier gear is a popular choice around these parts but with service like that it’s easy to see why.

Nice jacket too btw!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Where are they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

They're absolutely top class to be fair to them, always have been. I had a very similar issue/experience with Torm last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

fat bloke wrote: »
    Where are they based?

Louth I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

G1032 wrote: »
    I bought the new Galibier Bedoin Podium jacket early last week (Tuesday I think).
    So I emailed Galibier to ask them if they’d please hold a size small for me until the medium I was returning arrived back to them.
    Later on Friday evening I received a reply telling me there would be a size small in the post on Saturday morning.

I don’t know of many (or any) companies that would post out a replacement before the original was returned. Superb customer service and glad to see a bit of trust still exists out there!

I know Galibier gear is a popular choice around these parts but with service like that it’s easy to see why.

Nice jacket too btw!

Amazon. A level of CS that is simply unbeatable. Great to hear similar story from the little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Have to agree....brilliant service from them. A real 'one to one' experience dealing with them. 10 out of 10 from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Can’t beat them for customer service, and the bossman is a man of the Rás!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

G1032 wrote: »

Nice jacket too btw!

I had the exact same thing happen to me with a pair of shorts (didn’t read the description properly about Italian sizing, so was my fault). New shorts were posted to me same day that I emailed to ask about exchange.
    So good to deal with. And their gear is excellent. Nothing but good experience with them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Same here with a pair of mistral bibs. No quibble, had the replacements with the returns bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

The prices alone are reason enough not to fault them.
    Compared with the pretentious guff and associated inflated prices from many a cycling clothing manufacturer, they are a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Where are they based?

Lurgan and Omeath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I had the same experience previously with Prendas - it's good customer service and good business tbf - I definitely went back to them because of the quality of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Miklos wrote: »
    Can’t beat them for customer service, and the bossman is a man of the Rás!

And has some great Rás stories to listen to! Like when he finally got a 12 tooth sprocket, convincing himself he had evened the battle field, the foreign teams came back next year with an 11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Funny though. On the back of this thread I emailed them yesterday afternoon asking if I could order a pair of shorts in time for Christmas and no response yet. :(

I presume it's too late now today. I'll wait til after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

Funny though. On the back of this thread I emailed them yesterday afternoon asking if I could order a pair of shorts in time for Christmas and no response yet. :(

I presume it's too late now today. I'll wait til after Christmas

From their facebook: "We are posting right up until Friday 22, at 12pm"

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

That looks like a fine piece of kit. I'm in serious danger of turning into a Galibier fanboy!!!

Funny though. On the back of this thread I emailed them yesterday afternoon asking if I could order a pair of shorts in time for Christmas and no response yet.
    Actually, now I think of it, I did use the contact form to ask about the podium jacket (how it would stand up to day to day wear) and didn't get a response! Previously I've mailed direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Do these guys do a sale? Planning on buying some spring / summer stuff in the next week or so, their prices already look good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

Do these guys do a sale? Planning on buying some spring / summer stuff in the next week or so, their prices already look good

No I don’t think so just special offers when they bring it new gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

All my cycling gear, bar my helmet and shoes are Galibier. Quality is excellent, all my hard worn gear is still in great shape after many Kms and washes. The customer service is brilliant and occasionally they throw in a freebie like a pair of socks or a neck warmer with an order. Why go anywhere else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Alanbt mentioned the Italian sizing - how does that differ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Never apart from when launching a new line and they might have a few bits of the old line to clear. Generally mentioned on their Facebook page but they go quick and can be odd sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Just opened a truckload of gear that I ordered. Superfast delivery, was able to change the delivery address quickly after ordering and got a free neck warmer, arm warmers, gloves and a beanie. Plus, all the clobber fits perfectly and the quality looks excellent. Delighted I went with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

yeah same here in my recent dealings with them, am very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I got a summer jersey from them recently and to be honest I expected better - it just has the appearance and feel of cheap and Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I find that XXL, no matter what manufacturer, is too tight for me... Is Galibier any different? I usually need XXXL in Jacket / Jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Gorteen wrote: »
    I find that XXL, no matter what manufacturer, is too tight for me... Is Galibier any different? I usually need XXXL in Jacket / Jersey

I've a good bit of galibier gear and find the fitting to be very UK/Ire standard compared to some of the other cycling gear manufacturers where I might need to size up one.

Remember though that the Galibier stuff (jackets especially) is form fitting, if you like a looser fit or expect to have an extra layer or two underneath then size up.

BTW, if you do order and the size is wrong, you just send it back for an immediate replacement, they are great that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

nilhg wrote: »
    I've a good bit of galibier gear and find the fitting to be very UK/Ire standard compared to some of the other cycling gear manufacturers where I might need to size up one.

Remember though that the Galibier stuff (jackets especially) is form fitting, if you like a looser fit or expect to have an extra layer or two underneath then size up.

BTW, if you do order and the size is wrong, you just send it back for an immediate replacement, they are great that way.

But there is no size up option for me :(

I'm XXXL all day long! :)

They normally say whether it's race fit or not in the description. I'm a medium in the mistral jacket, but a large in their "race fit" mistral lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Macy0161 wrote: »
    They normally say whether it's race fit or not in the description. I'm a medium in the mistral jacket, but a large in their "race fit" mistral lite.

The reviews give a good indication as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

marvin80 wrote: »
    The reviews give a good indication as well

....including my review where I mention that I should have gone for large Mistral bib tights despite the medium Mistral jacket fitting perfectly.

Advertisement