Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave 'Three' without penalty for some customers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Was just on live chat with them, was told they haven't been given any information yet on how to proceed and I should check back tomorrow.

Might be worth ringing the cancelation team direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

The key paragraph is here

"to re-notifiy “certain customers” of their contract changes that came into effect on 3 April 2017 and advised the customers of their right to withdraw without penalty if they did not wish to accept the changes"

Basically 3 notified customers back in April of changes. Then made it difficult for those customers to cancel, Comreg fined them and now they've been fined they're going to play ball.

Unless you're one of the customers who has been in a contract from pre April 2017 I wouldn't get my hopes up.

crazyderk wrote: »
    The key paragraph is here

"to re-notifiy “certain customers” of their contract changes that came into effect on 3 April 2017 and advised the customers of their right to withdraw without penalty if they did not wish to accept the changes"

Basically 3 notified customers back in April of changes. Then made it difficult for those customers to cancel, Comreg fined them and now they've been fined they're going to play ball.

Unless you're one of the customers who has been in a contract from pre April 2017 I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I've been in contract since march, pretty sure my bill went up 5euro and I don't remember getting anything about it, although I may have missed an email.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

More suitable in Mobiles forum

just got off live chat with them again, they said it only applied to those in contracts before march?

• Advertisement
Advertisement