Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AppliancesDirect.co.uk - avoid!

Options
  • 19-12-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

Anyone else have the misfortune to use AppliancesDirect.co.uk

I placed a large order on Black Friday and have been having the following issues

1. Payment not taken. I had to call to get past finance so they would fulfill the order.

2. Transferred up to 5 times each time i call. On hold excessive times. Quite often on the phone for 40-50 mins being transferred from one person to the next

3. I had to remove 2 items from delivery as the deliver date was 3 weeks in advance.

4. Items remaining were passed from Uk courier to Irish courier. They were unable to confirm delivery date other than there was an SLA to have them delivered 14 days after "dispatch" so they HAD to deliver by a certain date

5. 1 item was recalled from the courier as they sent the wrong one

6. 1 item not delivered at all. 3 days before xmas trying to find out when i would received it. Told it was already delivered. the only thing they would do was to email the courier.

the initial order i placed was over €2,000 i regret ever going with them!

In my experience DID electrical are cheaper. And you definitely wouldn't get any of this hassle!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're mad buying white goods from the UK and would you care to advise us as to exactly when you discovered that DID were cheaper - before or after you ordered from AD UK?

Even a TV for the bedroom I wouldn't buy from the UK because Argos locally have an excellent reputation for dealing with faulty goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alrichie

Well coylemj exactly when was 4 weeks ago. i forget the exact time. It was on a recommendation from a friend who had good experience, and i used them this week to purchase an item i cancelled from appliaces direct and found them excellent. Therefore it was after. if it was before i wouldnt have purchased from the UK store. Exactly why did you need to know exactly when?

I was mad buying from this store due to the experience i kindly shared. As you may or may not know, buying anything in UK is often cheaper than buying in ireland. This store had euro prices whiuch would lead you to believe they do good business in Ireland

So coylemj exactly when did you decide to leave pointless comments on someone sharing an experience on the internet? exactly what was the purpose of your reply?

Advertisement