Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one disc drive issues

Options
  • 19-12-2017 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

In last number of days, my son's xbox one is playing up.
    When he puts in a disc, it is not launching. It comes up with the error message Ox803f8001, asking "do you own this game or app, if you have a game disc, insert it now........"

initally thought it was perhaps dirty discs, but this was not the case as i cleaned thme and all his games are showing the same issues. i have looked up fixes via google and youtube without getting any successful remedy.
    most are saying push disc in while holding console at an angle/reboot etc

anyone else encounter similar problems, and any fixes etc? happening at a sh1tty time of year as come the christmas holidays, it will be on played a lot with his new games etc. and at cant afford a new one now (could have a month ago pre-christmas shopping!!)

it is an xbox one original box, about 2 years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

aidz wrote: »
    In last number of days, my son's xbox one is playing up.
    When he puts in a disc, it is not launching. It comes up with the error message Ox803f8001, asking "do you own this game or app, if you have a game disc, insert it now........"

initally thought it was perhaps dirty discs, but this was not the case as i cleaned thme and all his games are showing the same issues. i have looked up fixes via google and youtube without getting any successful remedy.
    most are saying push disc in while holding console at an angle/reboot etc

anyone else encounter similar problems, and any fixes etc? happening at a sh1tty time of year as come the christmas holidays, it will be on played a lot with his new games etc. and at cant afford a new one now (could have a month ago pre-christmas shopping!!)

it is an xbox one original box, about 2 years old.

sorry, I've had a good scour around the various support sites and I'm not turning up much you haven't tried.

do you have any blu-ray discs by any chance? at least if they work you might be able to rule out a problem with the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Is this happening on all disks?

Have to powered off the console and disconnect the power for @ 5 mins, this might help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hard reset, hold in the power button on the console for 10 to 15 seconds. It'll turn off on it's own. When you power it back on, it'll go through the full green start up, rather than the fast start up.

This often fixes a lot of problems like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

i have already hard reset it, it worked for me the first time on Sunday night. But yesterday, the problem returned and hard reset didnt rectify it.
    I have attempted launching 4 games by disc and all have failed to load.
    Downloaded games are working fine (albeit he only has 2 of them).

It seems to be 'taking' the disc as it spins it (ie position of disc comes out to a different degree than was placed)
    I havent tried dvd/blu ray yet. i'll do that this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Try and uninstall and reinstall one of the games that it is happening with. Try a different profile with it if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gmg678 wrote: »
    Try and uninstall and reinstall one of the games that it is happening with. Try a different profile with it if possible.

Yeah, this doesn't sound like an issue with your drive at all, this sounds like something is going on between your Xbox and the Xbox live servers. Stupid questions, I know, but does your Xbox still have internet access? You you signed in? Just trying to rule out the easier stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, this doesn't sound like an issue with your drive at all, this sounds like something is going on between your Xbox and the Xbox live servers. Stupid questions, I know, but does your Xbox still have internet access? You you signed in? Just trying to rule out the easier stuff.

Don't think its that, his downloaded games are launching so xbox live is performing the licence check ok. The fact that the disc ones aren't even attempting to launch would indicate a drive problem, as technically once the game is installed, the disc is only used to verify ownership, so it should launch unless the disc is scratched to bits.

A dvd or blu-ray to test it will probably let him draw conclusions.

Don't think its that, his downloaded games are launching so xbox live is performing the licence check ok. The fact that the disc ones aren't even attempting to launch would indicate a drive problem, as technically once the game is installed, the disc is only used to verify ownership, so it should launch unless the disc is scratched to bits.

A dvd or blu-ray to test it will probably let him draw conclusions.

Ah, missed that, go back to ignoring me!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 XBoxLarry

I had the same issue with an day one edition xbox one. Early models have a fault with the drive. The disc does not get pulled into the drive fully. I have to tip my xbox up about 30 degrees from the front when using discs. Pop the disc in, gravity will drop the disc in fully. A move to digital purchases was hastened by this issue ;)

Advertisement