Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing game with entertaining crashes

Options
  • 18-12-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I thought my son would love Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels but instead he wants a game with lots of crashing. He loves watching YouTube videos of Nascar crashes. So I'm looking for a game with either big, entertaining crashes or a game where crashing is keybtinthe game (eg demolition game)
    Any recommendations please?
    Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It’s an old game and you’ll need an older Xbox but....

Burnout 3 hasn’t been bettered in regards to entertaining crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Have to second burnout. What a brilliant series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Have an Xbox One, will check if it's available on that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Burnout 3 is an original Xbox game, so it's not (yet) playable on the Xbox One. The sequel, Burnout Paradise, is available through Xbox 360 backwards compatibility on the Xbox One.

It's a free roam racing game and not as crash focused as Burnout 3, but there is a crash mode (called Showtime) you can enter any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I think 'Flatout: Total Insanity' is a crashing game. I haven't played it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I quite liked Split Second but I don't think its available on backwards compatibility yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

Burnout 3 is an original Xbox game, so it's not (yet) playable on the Xbox One. The sequel, Burnout Paradise, is available through Xbox 360 backwards compatibility on the Xbox One.

It's a free roam racing game and not as crash focused as Burnout 3, but there is a crash mode (called Showtime) you can enter any time.

Never played that part of the game,looks so fun to play tho :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

A game not out yet but worth keeping an eye on is..

http://www.wreckfestgame.com

Sounds like what you may be after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge on the Xbox and 360 were great and had this mode as a separate sub game - who can cause the most damage.

Paradise brought it into the main game, you kick it off by pressing LB+RB at any point on any street and you can steer the wreckage to try and keep the carnage going.
    honda boi wrote: »
    Never played that part of the game,looks so fun to play tho :p
    There are rumours of a Burnout Paradise remaster "coming soon TM"

Advertisement