Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside World War 2 (not) on RTE2

Options
  • 18-12-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

The last 2 Sunday nights, my friend and I have been switching to RTE 2 at 8pm expecting to watch Inside World War 2.

It has been consistently listed in TV listings, and last night (Sunday 17 December) RTE even put up an on-screen message at 7.50 that it would be the next item. However, both last night and the previous Sunday a nature programme actually came on instead.

There was no message or apology from RTE about this abrupt change of schedule.

It is bad enough pulling a listed programme at the last minute, but doing so without even admitting the fact only adds to the insult as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

According to the preliminary RTE listings and the RTE Guide there was an episode of "Inside World War 11" scheduled for 7.30pm on Sunday 31st December.

According to the most up to date listings on DigiGuide that episode has now been dropped for another "Natural World" repeat.

I don't know why though.

For the record I believe it was this 3 part series made by National Geographic.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/tv/inside-world-war-ii/

I have now emailed RTE directly about this. I will summarise RTE's reply (if and when) to this thread.

Seems to be back on RTE Two over the next three Sundays at 8.05 pm.

• Advertisement

Yes, saw the first part last Sunday.

Some good footage, but a well-worn narrative.

Advertisement