Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to sell handmade jewelry in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-12-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello. I browsed the forum and I think this is the right place to post, but feel free to move the thread elsewhere, if I was wrong to post it here.

I'm a jobseeker that does everything in her power to start a new life in Dublin.
    I brought with me some items that I have sold or donated, but now I am left with two sets of jewelry that I made personally and that are also nickel-free. One of them has Swarovski rhinestones that would be perfect on Christmas, but it could be wearable all year.
    I spend my money for the rent and the food, and nothing else, and although my lifestyle is very cheap at the moment (I mean, I think I'm the only one left with a basic cellphone, although I'm able to use a smartphone), it's a matter of fact that I would welcome any profit, no matter if big or small.

Now:

1) I already advertised them on adverts.ie and Gumtree, where I had some success with my other items, while I won't wanna waste my time with Donedeal and Sosellit, where I have achieved nothing.

2) Ebay and Etsy both require to pay a fee when you post an advertisement, I tried them in the past with little success, so I don't wanna waste any more time with them. Besides, I don't wanna spend money, I wanna earn money. Which is also way I won't even consider to buy stalls to sell just two items.

3) Every charity shop wants goods for free to sell to other people, so there is people who would pay for goods, it doesn't matter if it's 4,00 euros instead of 40,00 euros.

4) I won't lie and say that my jewelry is vintage or costume or whatever it is called, nor they belong to a designer's brand, unless you count me as a designer... which I actually am, since I designed and created this jewelry!

So the question is thus: are there shops or people in Dublin that would buy my jewelry, no matter how much they would pay? Possibly for cash, even though I have also a Paypal account? I can show my ID and my address, if required.

Thanks for reading and, no matter what, have a happy festive period.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Could you approach boutiques and bring those as a sample and ask them to stock you

That way you have an outlet for your future jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SunnyF

Hello. Thanks for your answer. I was wondering about this solution, but I wasn't certain that it could be actually done. Now, I ask this totally out of ignorance... should I go in every designer store (that would not buy anything if it's not made by Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, and so on), show my work and ask: "These are my own creations. Would you like to take them and, if they sell, we split the profit, so let's write the whole matter on paper, with our names and all?"
    Or should I concentrate on second hand stores? I don't know.
    After all, at the moment I don't have my instruments with me, so there are two items only.

Advertisement