Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH BAN

Options
  • 18-12-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to dispute my ban in AH. I gave my opinion on Travellers in a section I no longer have permission to. I apologize for going a bit out of control on my comments. Can we bump down the Perm ban to a couple of days at least? I know I did wrong and I do apologize. I do deserve a ban, but a perm ban seems a bit much because it won't happen again!

Thanks,
    JustShay
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have you discussed this with the moderator who banned you via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Have you discussed this with the moderator who banned you via PM?

I did. He holds his decision respectfully.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, thank you for clarifying. I will alert the CMods and one will be along shortly to engage with you on this.

Ok, thank you for clarifying. I will alert the CMods and one will be along shortly to engage with you on this.

Appreciate it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can take this. Please fwd pm conversation you had with the mod (or post here)

• Advertisement

First I got a ban: Yesterday, 13:22
    Dear JustShay,

You have been permanently banned from After Hours for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Buford T. Justice V

Moderator Note

Banned for outright racism.

Your post:
    JustShay wrote: »
    manonboard wrote: »
    Maybe we can also eliminate racism and that would help alleviate another part of the problem?

Travellers are a race? To me, they are scum of the earth who steal stuff from your back garden and have no respect for the general public on public transport / public areas.

Then I got a warning: Yesterday, 13:24

Dear JustShay,

You have received a warning at boards.ie.

Reason:
    Breach of Forum Charter

You're banned from AH for racist trolling.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    boards.ie

I then sent an apology to the Mod: Yesterday, 13:34
    JustShay wrote:
    Hi,

Apologies for the comments I made. I was in the mindset that I could express how I felt about a certain culture. Won't happen again! Can we not have a permanent ban? A bit harsh no?

Shay
    Dear JustShay,

You have been permanently banned from After Hours for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so [URL="http:////www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397"]here[/URL].

Buford T. Justice V

Moderator Note

Banned for outright racism.

Your post:
    manonboard wrote: »
    Maybe we can also eliminate racism and that would help alleviate another part of the problem?

Travellers are a race? To me, they are scum of the earth who steal stuff from your back garden and have no respect for the general public on public transport / public areas.
    That post was the least serious of your posts that merited a ban. I already deleted the rest. There is a link above to take you to where you can appeal the ban. My advise is to take it up in Dispute Resolution as I will not be changing my mind on this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Your comment(s) was on the extreme end of what I have seen on boards in the 10 years or so that I have been here. I have no doubt that a ban is in order here and am therefore going to uphold the mods decision.

I would suggest contacting the mod in question in a few months (at least 3) and requesting a review at that time but it will be entirely upto the AH mods as to whether they will consider lifting your ban at that stage.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Your comment(s) was on the extreme end of what I have seen on boards in the 10 years or so that I have been here. I have no doubt that a ban is in order here and am therefore going to uphold the mods decision.

I would suggest contacting the mod in question in a few months (at least 3) and requesting a review at that time but it will be entirely upto the AH mods as to whether they will consider lifting your ban at that stage.

Grand, thanks. I'll just make a new account anyway.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Grand, thanks. I'll just make a new account anyway.
    If you go down that route your ban carries over to your new account. If you then post in After Hours while banned under your original account both accounts will be sitebanned

I'm marking this as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement