Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendations

Options
  • 18-12-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

So my one plus original met it's end so I'm in the market for a new phone.

My budget is about 450. I can't justify going all out for a top end phone mainly because of the prices involved. So I'm thinking of last year's phones that have dropped in price etc.

Read a few pieces online and seen the like of the LG G5/6 series, honour 9 and the s7.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-mid-range-phones-for-2017-3627209/

Ideally it would be handy walk into a shop rather than hope Amazon don't take weeks to deliver. I'm staying out of a contract tho as usually they don't offer any value.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

joe123 wrote: »

Ideally it would be handy walk into a shop rather than hope Amazon don't take weeks to deliver. I'm staying out of a contract tho as usually they don't offer any value.

Any suggestions?

Amazon or other wont take weeks to deliver, you could order this week and have it before Christmas. If you are thinking sim free then you will have a much bigger selection online when going new.

What features and specs are a must for you in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Davy wrote: »
    Amazon or other wont take weeks to deliver, you could order this week and have it before Christmas. If you are thinking sim free then you will have a much bigger selection online when going new.

What features and specs are a must for you in the phone?

Yep Sim Free. Solid Camera, doesnt need to be OTT. Strong battery and importantly fast. A nice clear screen too.

Been offered a Nexus 6 for 320 from a friend so I'm considering that although ideally id prefer to go new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

joe123 wrote: »
    So my one plus original met it's end so I'm in the market for a new phone.

My budget is about 450. I can't justify going all out for a top end phone mainly because of the prices involved. So I'm thinking of last year's phones that have dropped in price etc.

Read a few pieces online and seen the like of the LG G5/6 series, honour 9 and the s7.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-mid-range-phones-for-2017-3627209/

Any suggestions?
    Brilliant company below. Couldn't fault them and they will have your phone with you within a week.

https://www.quickmobilefix.com/pages/refurbished-mobile-phones-for-sale

Advertisement