Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bets, Ho Ho Ho !

Options
  • 18-12-2017 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭

Fancies for Christmas, from the Lavazza handicap chase on Dec 23rd to the Ryanair Hurdle on Dec 29th.

My first fancy is Bon Papa @ 8-1 in the Racing post novice chase on St Stephens day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Stuck a few quid from the weekends winnings on the ante post today. will wait for final declarations before risking more but chose those who I think if they are declared will drop significantly in price.

Air Horse One-Racing Welfare Handicap 12/1
    007 Silver Cup
    Elgin Racing Welfare Handicap 10/1
    Vicente Welsh Grand National 14/1
    Acapella Bourgeois Paddy Power Chase 8/1
    Ucello Conti Paddy Power Chase 16/1 (EW)
    Jezki Squared Financial Christmas Hurdle 7/1

Also have Bristol de Mai done for the King George.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

piplip87 wrote: »
    Stuck a few quid from the weekends winnings on the ante post today. will wait for final declarations before risking more but chose those who I think if they are declared will drop significantly in price.

Air Horse One-Racing Welfare Handicap 12/1
    007 Silver Cup
    Elgin Racing Welfare Handicap 10/1
    Vicente Welsh Grand National 14/1
    Acapella Bourgeois Paddy Power Chase 8/1
    Ucello Conti Paddy Power Chase 16/1 (EW)
    Jezki Squared Financial Christmas Hurdle 7/1

Also have Bristol de Mai done for the King George.

Filth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Apparently the bookies are facing a "monster" payout again this year if there is a white Christmas. There has been a "huge" gamble from 12/1 in to 2/1. This bet never seems to land but the bookies are always "running scared", even though they invariably seem to pocket all the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Apparently the bookies are facing a "monster" payout again this year if there is a white Christmas. There has been a "huge" gamble from 12/1 in to 2/1. This bet never seems to land but the bookies are always "running scared", even though they invariably seem to pocket all the cash!

Indeed, it will nearly be as warm and balmy as the warm sands of tallows beach along on Byron Bay itself. S'Weserterlys will be blowing in a mild 12oC average into NW Europe for Christmas Day.

Unless a temporary micro-climate appears somewhere up in Aberdeen on the day, it's safe to say there will be no snow, snow, snow.

One minus point is that Ed Sherry featuring Beoncey will again outsell all other records on the 45 rpm vinyl players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

if there is like a hard frost christmas morning, surely that counts as a "white christmas".............

• Advertisement

if there is like a hard frost christmas morning, surely that counts as a "white christmas".............

Nope, actual snowflake(s) have to fall. Some places may have more specific terms such as the roof of a designated weather station/building. With SW winds this is very unlikely.

Nope, actual snowflake(s) have to fall. Some places may have more specific terms such as the roof of a designated weather station/building. With SW winds this is very unlikely.

So accumulator, what your telling me is, there needs to be an "accumulation" is it.....
    Boom!

sorry..........!!

So accumulator, what your telling me is, there needs to be an "accumulation" is it.....
    Boom!

Yes, no accumulation of snow, and no betting accumulators involving snow.

The press like to milk it every year, and it rarely happens. It's a bit like winning anything in this year's 25€ golden raffle ticket thingy i.e. 1% chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

My first fancy is Bon Papa @ 8-1 in the Racing post novice chase on St Stephens day.
    Is there any reason why you think this will win?

My research does not find a horse named Bon Papa running in the Racing Post Novice Chase, Leopardstown, 14:20, 26th December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

diomed wrote: »
    My research does not find a horse named Bon Papa running in the Racing Post Novice Chase, Leopardstown, 14:20, 26th December.

Mine does. 14:20 on the 26th. Mullins for JP.

Also entered up for the 3 miler on the 29th.

STB. wrote: »
    Mine does. 14:20 on the 26th. Mullins for JP.
    Also entered up for the 3 miler on the 29th.
    This race ?

1 Any Second Now
    2 Avenir D'Une Vie
    3 Death Duty
    4 Dinaria Des Obeaux
    5 Footpad
    6 Jett
    7 Rathvinden
    8 Tombstone

Anything footpad runs in, footpad wins

The new Vautour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Ah here... Calm down

Ah here... Calm down

Telling ya, the spring he gets over fences, reminds me so much of the great Vautour
    The way he just effortlessly gains a half a length at every fence and can just press the gas and take off mid gallop is pure vautour-esque
    If there is to be a "new vautour", footpad is it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

1 chase start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This race ?

1 Any Second Now
    2 Avenir D'Une Vie
    3 Death Duty
    4 Dinaria Des Obeaux
    5 Footpad
    6 Jett
    7 Rathvinden
    8 Tombstone

f0b8d7e5193e226d5c7035722ba63d87.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cannot wait for the racing. Will pop up one or two fancies closer to the day (follow at your pearl :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

If he runs at Limerick he'll have Death Duty to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Al Boum Photo

Might Bite by a mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

If your willing to forgive the fall at the first lto Baywing is a big price for the Welsh National. Loves heavy ground conditions at chepstow always seems to be heavy this time of year. Trainer in good form. If he runs anywhere near his Wetherby run in February he should go very close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Is Acapella not in the paddy power chase? Thought he was and then i couldn’t see him in the entries but saw he was in the Lexus.

Whats the craic with Native River?
    Not a peep so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Is there any reason why you think this will win?

I saw him in Punchestown a few weeks back over 2miles and although he made a mistake earlier on he looked comfortable after. I know it's 2mile 3 in Limerick but I think the extra trip will suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

According to Tony Martin his horses are over a long bout of Illness and he expects very big runs over Christmas and new year especially as his horses will be seriously well handicapped.Keep a very close eye on bumpers for an unraced Zagrab 7 yr old who suffered as a "wind sucker"but is now all clear and working extremely well [the softer the better].

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

antietam wrote: »
    According to Tony Martin his horses are over a long bout of Illness and he expects very big runs over Christmas and new year especially as his horses will be seriously well handicapped.Keep a very close eye on bumpers for an unraced Zagrab 7 yr old who suffered as a "wind sucker"but is now all clear and working extremely well [the softer the better].
    He said the same thing last year, didn't he? Couldn't be up to him.

antietam wrote: »

Stopped reading after that...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Did they leave you out to tomorrow in the bumper at Ascot. Won well on debut. It was an all weather bumper so don't know how he will handle the Soft ground. One to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

piplip87 wrote: »
    Did they leave you out to tomorrow in the bumper at Ascot. Won well on debut. It was an all weather bumper so don't know how he will handle the Soft ground. One to keep an eye on

Really looking forward to that race, looks a high class bumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Lumping on Supasundae on the 28th now that the ground is drying in leopardstown

Advertisement