Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get arrested for spamming someone's steam username on 4chan

Options
  • 18-12-2017 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

and claiming that they are giving away free games?

My friend got wasted and started spamming some guy's steam profile he hates all over /b/ (because he stole some his steam keys and activated them) and claimed that he was giving away free games and to message him for the codes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Arrested for being a dumbaśs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

tenor.gif?itemid=9743791

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnKyle39

Can someone just answer my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

JohnKyle39 wrote: »
    Can someone just answer my question?

Yes, I'd expect a knock at your door in the morning, special branch most likely, or maybe the ARU.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Harassment comes to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

Any person who, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, by any means including by use of the telephone, harasses another by persistently following, watching, pestering, besetting or communicating with him or her, shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) For the purposes of this section a person harasses another where—

(a) he or she, by his or her acts intentionally or recklessly, seriously interferes with the other's peace and privacy or causes alarm, distress or harm to the other, and

(b) his or her acts are such that a reasonable person would realise that the acts would seriously interfere with the other's peace and privacy or cause alarm, distress or harm to the other.

the parts in bold would apply to your ... ahem ... friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Do they not shoot them anymore ?

Advertisement