Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehumidifier- recommendations?

Options
  • 18-12-2017 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good dehumidifier, I’ve seen some people mention decissant ones? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Looking for a good dehumidifier, I’ve seen some people mention decissant ones? Any recommendations?

I've been using this desiccant one for a few years and happy with it: http://www.delonghi.com/en-int/products/comfort/air-treatment/dehumidifiers/tasciugo-ariadry-light-dnc-65-0148112601

It is more quite than regulator dehumidifiers with a compressor which is why I went for it as I used it inside an apartment, but to set the expectation right it is nowhere near silent nowhere near silent and you can vowed clearly hear the fan inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I got the Meaco DD8L very recently after a lot of research. Can’t fault it. Very happy with results. It’s a desiccant one so very quiet. I was using it in my attic which had a lot of condensation etc. Worked a treat.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

I have a Trotec TTK 24E which is very good. It's actually the second one of the same model which we've bought, the first one we got for my OH's houseshare before we moved in together. Never had any problems with it and gets the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Have the Meaco DD8L too. Dessicants are much quieter and also can draw much more moisture than compressor type in quite cold rooms.

Only drawback is they can give off a smell when in use. Smell goes away as soon as the machine is switched off. Solution is simple, only use it when the room is unoccupied.

I still have a compressor machine but never use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellow_Blue

I though I'd refresh this thread

I was just looking at dehumidifier for our 2 bed apartment and quite overwhelmed with information

My questions are :

How important are ionizers?
    Do dehumidifiers typically have inbuilt hydrometer and how accurate it is?

How powerful it should be for 2 be apartment, how many liters etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Also make sure you dont get one that says its silent, but beeps every time it goes on or off.
    Ive had two differnet makes that do that.

Advertisement