Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.5×55mm Schmidt–Rubin ammunition

Options
  • 17-12-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

Hello to one and all ,
    Anyone know of a retailer who has any 7.5 x 55 in stock (john kavanagh doesn't have any) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rossa boy

Hi Why dave.

Pat O Mahony Jr. has it.

He is the guy that runs An Riocht range in Castlemaine Co Kerry.
    He is also an RFD.

087 6242911.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I was thinking about getting a k31 swiss next year sometime, but if the ammo is hard to get i might pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Call will give him a call after Yule time .

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

RFD Laurence Thermes 0860760230. He has all sorts of milsurp ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

7.5x55 miitary surplus is called GP11

Commercial stuff is made by Prvi Partizan.

It's around 100fps slower in a K31 than the real deal, and is softer to shoot. GP11, with its 174gr bullet exiting the muzzle at 2650fps, can best be described as 'lively'. If the OP does eventually get a K31, I'd like to think that he'll give some notice here so that those of us who are longer-term Swiss shooters can offer advice, if needed.

If I was starting over, I'd be looking for a G11, the full-length rifle. It is a sweeter shooter and can be just as accurate with GP11 - the ammunition that was made for it.

tac
    www.swissrifles.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement