Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ News Now channel to close

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

i don't know what they expected from it when any live programming was mostly a simulcast of something on RTÉ One. I always felt that it should show something alternative to what was on RTÉ One at the time. Maybe a world news programme from another news provider could have been shown. In any case it was a wasteful exercise.

The lack of advertising also was never going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

lertsnim wrote: »
    i don't know what they expected from it when any live programming was mostly a simulcast of something on RTÉ One. I always felt that it should show something alternative to what was on RTÉ One at the time. Maybe a world news programme from another news provider could have been shown. In any case it was a wasteful exercise.

The lack of advertising also was never going to help.

That’s very true. Plus surely there is a huge news team at RTE. They could have put junior news readers on during the day instead of repeating the stuff for hours. There is so many ways they could have improved the service and it wouldn’t cost a fortune either

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Look this is the third thread on this, and the **third** time I have had to point out that this is an unsubstantiated media report and it is completely inappropriate for the thread title to state that this perhaps proposed closure is a done deal. It isn’t. I’m happy for this topic to be debated but three threads aren’t necessary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement