Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone bought a phone from Ali Express?

Options
  • 16-12-2017 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I'm coming round to the radical idea that phones are becoming like computers. Apart from the look of the thing and its performance youre basically choosing between Android (yes), Windows (dont want to change) or Apple ( nope)

I've been looking at some phones on Ali Express and there could be some good value there . A Chinese friend told me that most Chinese people buy Xiaomi branded phones. Its a big mainstream brand there. Lenovo we already know about.

So I was checking off some features on my wishlist.

1) New not refurbished (might compromise for the right deal if the battery is new)

2) warranty ?

3) 4g/wifi

5)finger print login

and so on.

Has anyone ordered and received a phone model theyre really happy with ?

And can hence recommend ? In particular Id like a recommendation of the supplier who sent it .

I found a nice phone and then did a check for how compatible it is with Irish networks. Despite being 4G , it was not compatible with all the Irish 4G networks. Although it was compatible with my current network (Virgin mobile) , I didnt want to limit my options ...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Probably better suited to the mobiles forum. Please take note of the Charter on that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

9000 posts on just this topic already, nobody searches.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

ED E wrote: »
    9000 posts on just this topic already, nobody searches.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438440

well.. I did search thanks . I think the problem is the search feature might suck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

well.. I did search thanks . I think the problem is the search feature might suck

Have you picked one?

See the Android device forum for a bit more info...

Some of the Chinese phone's are fantastic, but stick to the more reputable brands like Xiami and Lenovo...

Lenovo like bloatware though, annoys me no end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have you picked one?

See the Android device forum for a bit more info...

Some of the Chinese phone's are fantastic, but stick to the more reputable brands like Xiami and Lenovo...

Lenovo like bloatware though, annoys me no end...

I havent picked one yet and have been using a 4 year old samsung galaxy which was lying around the house and which interestingly still has a decent battery life and plays youtube just fine . I just posted on the recommended thread posted above. I have my credit card out and am ready to take the plunge .
    Thanks for the tip about bloatware. Unwanted apps you cant delete are very annoying when your phone is on the verge of being useless and is running out of space due to updates.

• Advertisement
Advertisement