Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data connection x icon on Android (Three)

Options
  • 16-12-2017 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

I've gotten the Sligo train for years with a Meteor / Eir phone and the mobile data coverage is patchy in a few places but very consistent, i.e. if the train is on time, I could basically predict the minutes and places I would lose 4g, 3g and H data connections.

Now I've got a new phone and moved to 3 the data connection can only be described as dire in comparison. Unpredictable and mostly no data transfer at all. What's annoying is my phone could have full reception and read it's getting a 4g connection, but there will be a little x beside the icon (Android Nougat).

Anyone know what that x actually means? It's like it knows there should be a decent connection but there is nothing coming down to the phone.

If it toggle airplane mode, it often fixes itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Three dont have Volte or Wi-Fi calling so you need to use 2G or 3G to make a voice call. As far as I know, you can get an "x" (disconnected icon) in the display if you have 4G with no 2G/3G. If you try making a call when the x is showing, it will fail. I have never seen this happen on Eir or any other network, but it doesnt surprise me that this happens on Three. Rubbish network - you made a big mistake moving from Eir. If you bought online in last 2 weeks you can bail out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

My 2 weeks is up unfortunately! Thanks this is interesting, I'll ask 3 about it as well but I'm guessing I'm f*cked :D

Advertisement