Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture Framers in Sligo?

Options
  • 16-12-2017 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all. I've bought a custom print in what seems to be an awkward size (34 x 46 in). I've searched all over the internet and most of the big shops in town for frames that fit it with no joy. Can anyone here recommend a reasonably priced picture framer in Sligo (preferably in the town and surrounds)?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

There's a house on the Tonaphubble road with a studio down the side, I think they are called Sligo Framing Services, I've no idea what they are like though, just that they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,843 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I've moved this thread from the Northwest forum to Sligo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gerry Sheerin from Cliffoney is very good. I haven't his number but can get it if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Kennedy Picture Framing, Tubbercurry, we have used them a few times and they were always excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

There's a place in Adelaide street in town called Image Framers. Have used them a few times. Find them good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

Thanks for the recommendations, folks! Think I will try the place in Adelaide St first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

There's one in Collooney called Fairgreen Picture Framing, if you're still stuck, guess he may be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Who did you pick in the end? Had one done with Fairgreen Picture Framing -job was done well but not many frame styles to choose from.

Didn't want to start a new thread just yet, but...

Does anyone know if any of the shops or framers in Sligo Town or close to, will package a canvas painting for shipping? Or where I can buy foam board, bubble wrap, glassine paper in a small quantity?

Thanks

Advertisement