Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get a small toy from Paris to Ireland in time for xmas.

Options
  • 15-12-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Need to get small toy from Paris to Kildare before Christmas Day
    Need advice. My 6 year old has asked santa for a skylander figure, it is not too expensive but sold out everywhere(Ireland & UK). Well I have managed to buy one on ebay.com, but they wont ship to Ireland /uk. So I tried to talk him out of asking for it but he just says Santa will make it happen. I have family in Paris so I managed to ask seller to send it there now. It wont arrive till 21/22 Dec. Now I'm wondering how do I get it from Paris to Ireland in time for the big visit....

Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Ask Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

There are couriers that would ship it in about 48 hours. Expect to pay through the nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Phone Aer Lingus.
    I got a pair of spectacles brought to Zambia by a pilot, and a wallet to New York by cabin crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Go to The James Joyce pub and give it to some trustworthy person boarding the RyanAir bus to Beauvais?
    Have someone meet them off the plane?

That's as Irish a way of doing it as I can think of! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Teddy bear full of smack is it ?

do you not remember warning ads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Get a really really REAALLLY big elastic band..

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Put a shout out on social media, someone might know someone travelling home for Christmas.

Contact courier (as in logistics/transport rather than delivery guys) companies and see would any have a truck coming back from the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ali N

Thanks a million Ill phone aer lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Post updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I used DHL two years ago ,had family on holidays in Spain who got a toy which I could not find here. Shipped on the 22nd of December and luckily had it on the 24th. A bit two close for comfort for my liking.
    Cost me about 50 euro at the time..

• Advertisement
Advertisement