Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cue Card to be retired in May

Options
  • 15-12-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Cue Card to run 3 more races, not incl KG and be retired post Aintree in May

Good call

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Cue Card to run 3 more races, not incl KG and be retired post Aintree in May

Good call

It is and it isn't tbh, the horse owes them absolutely nothing and they have fianlly caught up with the rest of us in realising that he is in decline and no longer a Grade One animal, so why in the name of god not just retire him now. Selfish if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

danganabu wrote: »
    It is and it isn't tbh, the horse owes them absolutely nothing and they have fianlly caught up with the rest of us in realising that he is in decline and no longer a Grade One animal, so why in the name of god not just retire him now. Selfish if you ask me.

He will probably win a good race next year, if everyone had that attitude NH racing would be like flat. I don't think its that their mad for money, just want to see him run again. He is still a top 10 chaser and is well capable of running well again.

I for one will cheer him home when he wins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I would retire him now. Appreciate the horses enjoy the racing but doubt the last few runs have been a good experience. If anything happens to him on the track this season they will really regret it. Love the horse since he blasted onto the scene as a 4yr old shock winner at the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Anything that might happen on track can just as easily happen at home. It's very simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Tizzard said when he retires he will be his hunter.
    Any chance he could come back as hunter chaser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Love the horse
    The KG he won was epic, even tho I had backed Vautour!
    Still think he would have won that year's GC had he stayed up

I do think Mrs Bishop probably was hoping for CC to do a Sprinter on it, but that was such a one off freak that you cant be hanging on that

Funny how some horses capture the public and some dont.
    Cue Card for example did, a public darling
    Then a comparable horse like say Silvinaco Conti never did

Anyways, hope it wins once more, be lovely to see.
    Will roar it home if it does.

Anything that might happen on track can just as easily happen at home. It's very simple really.

Generally would 100% agree with you but I'm not sure he'd be asked to go over 20 fences against grade one animals at a retirement place at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Nothing but a money grab, really sad to see.

Tizzard said something along the lines of he won't go to the King George as it's too competitive, he will run in Ascot in February and that will be three races this season and he is rising 12, didn't hear anything about a race after Ascot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »

Generally would 100% agree with you but I'm not sure he'd be asked to go over 20 fences against grade one animals at a retirement place at home.
    Ah bumper are you taking the mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tizzard said when he retires he will be his hunter.
    Any chance he could come back as hunter chaser?

After being placed in the BF Chase I think he wouldn't be eligible for the Foxhunters til 2020.

• Advertisement

Ah bumper are you taking the mick?

Nope.
    Look sire de grugy getting retired yesterday , nothing wrong with that. Cue Card, they could do the same he turns 12 next month , he’s earned a good retirement , not sure we should we looking at him regressing for the rest of the season

Advertisement