Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't play audio through my HIFI when I connect up new TV

Options
  • 15-12-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I have a pioneer AV unit to which I connect all my devices via 5 hdmi ports on the back.  This is then connected to a TV via single HDMI cable.  All devices play their audio through my hifi while video is passed onto the TV.
    Tv developed a line down the center so I went and got myself a new Hitachi 65 inch from Argos.
    Problem now is the audio will not play through the Hifi. HDMI "pass through" will not stay set to "Amp" once I turn on the TV.  If I leave the TV turned off and Hifi on with set top box playing a movie or watching a TV channel I will hear the audio through my HIFI speakers.  But .... The instant I trun on the telly the sound stops coming through my HIFI and the HDMI-THRU message pops up on the hifi and the TV starts playing the sound.  If I try to set HDMI-THRU back to "Amp" it still doesn't work.  Any ideas on how to stop the TV from trying to play the sound?  TV is in middle of room,  with only single HDMI cable goiing to it from HIFI which is 5m away in a side cupboard so connecting any other cable to TV is not an option and shouldn't be required IMHO.   So clearly the TV is over ruling my HIFIs HDMI pass through setting and deciding it knows best.  So wondered what settings menu I should be looking for on my TV to tell its dumb ass not to be playing sound. Accordiing to user guide only HDMI 3 port on the TV supports ARC and I tried this port ( along with the other 3 ) but no joy :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

If you post the exact model number of your AV unit and the exact model number of your TV, someone may have similar equipmen or it might make it easier for someone to trouble shoot your problem.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

try turning off cec control in the tv. not sure where in the menus it will be but i'd wager that's the issue

Advertisement