Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 15-12-2017 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭

Dundalk 5:30 - Coto is a horse I have followed for quite some time, its last few performances have been so bad they have been beyond belief. The last one at Newcastle in a very mediocre field was so awful, I had kind of thought that might have been the last we would see of this horse. With a 4lb reduction in the weights, a promising 7lb claimer on-board and a field that I wouldn't consider incredibly strong for a 5f handicap around Dundalk, I think that Coto might just defy large odds of 33/1 tomorrow though. Horse could just be gone at the game, so I am on straight here. With all that said, I am indirectly familiar with this trainer and I would not be put off by a big price on this one at all. The real danger here I feel comes from the English challenger, Fast Act. You do get the odd English horse coming over to Dundalk, but very rarely for a race that would be on the undercard. Personally, I've had a small saver on it at 15/2, all courtesy of Betfreds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Dundalk 5:30 - Coto is a horse I have followed for quite some time, its last few performances have been so bad they have been beyond belief. The last one at Newcastle in a very mediocre field was so awful, I had kind of thought that might have been the last we would see of this horse. With a 4lb reduction in the weights, a promising 7lb claimer on-board and a field that I wouldn't consider incredibly strong for a 5f handicap around Dundalk, I think that Coto might just defy large odds of 33/1 tomorrow though. Horse could just be gone at the game, so I am on straight here. With all that said, I am indirectly familiar with this trainer and I would not be put off by a big price on this one at all. The real danger here I feel comes from the English challenger, Fast Act. You do get the odd English horse coming over to Dundalk, but very rarely for a race that would be on the undercard. Personally, I've had a small saver on it at 15/2, all courtesy of Betfreds.

The trainer has sent another horse over who is running in a much better race at 7, fast act has an obvious chance but he was prob sent over to keep nadir company as well,I haven’t looked closely at the race but my good brother jumped out at me, he ran well from a wide draw last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Is Oddschecker gone rubbish lately for anyone else? Odds just way behind the bookies. Is there any better odds comparison site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

robbiezero wrote: »
    Is Oddschecker gone rubbish lately for anyone else? Odds just way behind the bookies. Is there any better odds comparison site?

Yeah it has been behind. Usually to the minute but not for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

robbiezero wrote: »

Use atr

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Stylish Dancer looks seriously well handicapped in the 8.15 CHELMSFORD.Based on his last run over this distance he ran a blinder when he could not win at the weights.3/1 is a cracking price for a horse that should be 6/4.Imo this is an absolute steering job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

BumperD wrote: »
    Use atr

I find that just as bad to be honest, and its only for racing.

Oddschecker has gone brutal the last few months, some of the more niche markets are literally days behind. Its like a lot of bookies dont share information with them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Just discovered racing is on ITV4 today.

Tizzard bypassing KG for Cue Card "cause it's too hot a race", Ascot in February, he will be 12 had three races and we will retire him. Sad to hear, avoiding KG and Cheltenham as they know he has had his day but still want more money out of him.

Sad seeing More Of That in a Cross Country, what a horse he could have been.

Jesus Ed Chamberlain, reviewing last week he said he was expected Un De Sceaux to burn out as he runs with the choke out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Geological 33-1 7.00

Won this last year. This is probably it's preferred trip, at 33-1 it has
    a great ew chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trendsetter 100-1 4 places BS

Has run in quite a few higher grade races and done well. If
    running an honest race can place here at least.

100-1 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Had a go on a couple tonight

7.00 CAPTAIN DION 10/1
    Trainer has won with 2 of his last 3 and first time headgear on tonight. The 6f trip will be more suitable too.

8.00 REPARE MON 6/1
    Smullen booked for the first time catches the eye.

2 x singles 1 x ew double

BOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I’m raging I missed Sharjah, I had him in mind for some time now but with the draw tonight I didn’t think he could get to the front.
    It go’s to show tho how trainers cheat the handicapper, as this horse is best when he front runs but has blatantly been held up his last few runs with a view to reducing his mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I’m raging I missed Sharjah, I had him in mind for some time now but with the draw tonight I didn’t think he could get to the front.
    It go’s to show tho how trainers cheat the handicapper, as this horse is best when he front runs but has blatantly been held up his last few runs with a view to reducing his mark.

It's a farce but we're the mugs getting dupped. I've followed Sharjah for years but could only watch on incredulously last night as he won. Had no business winning or so we would have been led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

It's a farce but we're the mugs getting dupped. I've followed Sharjah for years but could only watch on incredulously last night as he won. Had no business winning or so we would have been led to believe.

Supposedly connections hadn't a Bob on either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lol

Advertisement