Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cryptocurrency Exchanges

Options
  • 14-12-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have been trying for 3 days to access a god damn F-ING exchange and not one single one has granted me access!!!

Coinbase
    Krakken
    GateHub
    GDEX

Jesus christ.. it has been nothing but absolutely frustrating!!

Anyone have ANY suggestions! I want to buy some bitcoins, transfer to Bittrex and buy ripple!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Can you give more details of the problems you are having? Coinbase was pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KerryJames

Sure. Taking Coinbase as an example. I have been able to create an account but have been trying for 3 days to activate it via upload of verification documents but with each and every try, I am delivered "Please try again in 30 mins". Most of the sites listed are "experiencing heavy use" of their verification systems.

This is something I do NOT understand. Yes, i'll give that some sites may not be able to afford a high speed server but i find it very doubtful that each and every site here can not afford a server to cope with high traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

KerryJames wrote: »
    Anyone have ANY suggestions! I want to buy some bitcoins, transfer to Bittrex and buy ripple!!
    First up, that mechanism is going to incur unnecessary costs. The tx fee for transferring Bitcoin is quite high -- an average of around €10 at the moment due to a large backlog on the blockchain.
    So, a suggestion .............
    Try www.bitstamp.net where you can buy Ripple directly with euro or dollar or pound sterling.
    (Although I would guess there might be a a 3-day process of validating a new account with them also).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KerryJames

Yup. Know about the back log in the chain. Nevermind that, still trying to verified on a god damn site first. Still waiting on bitstamp verification

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

KerryJames wrote: »
    Still waiting on bitstamp verification
    Ahh, I see.
    You hadn't mentioned Bitstamp in your opening post, which is why I suggested it.
    Rightio, so. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Anyone else having problems with Kraken? It's been effectively useless for some time now and I can't get anything processed. Not sure what to do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Tristram wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with Kraken? It's been effectively useless for some time now and I can't get anything processed. Not sure what to do.

Kraken blog says they're badly overloaded but hope to be in a better situation next week after an upgrade. I'm having a very similar experience to the OP, I'm assuming verification will happen in time as backlogs reduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭roosh

Is it possible to link an Irish bank account to any of the exchanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

roosh wrote: »
    Is it possible to link an Irish bank account to any of the exchanges?

I have only ever used bitstamp but yes SEPA transfers work both ways.
    Note: Friend of mine has been waiting nearly 3 weeks to get verified there.

I know that coinbase are adding something like a million users per week so. Not the place I would be buying anything personally. They also own the GDAX exchange where everything is trading at a premium since there are so many newbies who just buy at the first price they see.

A lot of the other exchanges just cant keep up with the influx of people.

Advertisement