Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renovation query

Options
  • 14-12-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi all

my partner owns a 3 bed semi which we may in the not too distant future consider modernizing, extending. it is what i presume is a fairly standard 3 bed semi, downstairs consists of sitting room, kitchen which leads to back yard approx 25 x 20 ft. stairs leading up to three beds and a bathroom. front is approx 12 x 12 and there is side access.
    my question is this, has anyone refurbished a similar property, by this i mean add an extension, rewire etc.if so what were the costs involved and how long did it take? we are at a loss at the moment as we have no idea what we would like to do to the property, (doesn,t help that i,m living and working abroad at the moment)was thinking maybe we should just have a chat with an architect. basically would love to hear from anyone who has completed a similar project. thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kinglouie wrote: »
    hi all

my partner owns a 3 bed semi which we may in the not too distant future consider modernizing, extending. it is what i presume is a fairly standard 3 bed semi, downstairs consists of sitting room, kitchen which leads to back yard approx 25 x 20 ft. stairs leading up to three beds and a bathroom. front is approx 12 x 12 and there is side access.
    my question is this, has anyone refurbished a similar property, by this i mean add an extension, rewire etc.if so what were the costs involved and how long did it take? we are at a loss at the moment as we have no idea what we would like to do to the property, (doesn,t help that i,m living and working abroad at the moment)was thinking maybe we should just have a chat with an architect. basically would love to hear from anyone who has completed a similar project. thanks in advance

Basically, you want to modernize and extend existing home.
    Thousands have done it, some for 10k, some for 200k plus

You really need to sit down with someone and draw up a set of plans outlining what you want. Otherwise it’s just guess after guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kinglouie

was thinking along the same lines myself. Was hoping to get an idea what other people had done in a similar situation i.e work completed ,cost etc. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

Advertisement