Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovated bungalow heating system???

Options
  • 14-12-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi
    I'm very confused about what heating system to install. Im renovating a mid 70s 90sqm bungalow and need to figure out what heating solution to install. The house will be fully dry lined and brought up to current building regs so I can install any system really.

The house currently has an old gas boiler with gun barrel steel plumbing and 5 radiators.

The gas supply is being retired so I'm torn between simple electric panel heaters and under counter hot water heaters or put in a air to water heat pump and replace all the plumbing and rads at much more cost.

Can anyone recommend what they have done in their own home and what issues to look out for? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

hi
    I'm very confused about what heating system to install. Im renovating a mid 70s 90sqm bungalow and need to figure out what heating solution to install. The house will be fully dry lined and brought up to current building regs so I can install any system really.

The house currently has an old gas boiler with gun barrel steel plumbing and 5 radiators.

The gas supply is being retired so I'm torn between simple electric panel heaters and under counter hot water heaters or put in a air to water heat pump and replace all the plumbing and rads at much more cost.

Can anyone recommend what they have done in their own home and what issues to look out for? thanks

I presume you mean the gas being retired is that it is being removed from the house and the actual gas mains is staying at the meter?

A gas combi boiler would be ideal,hot water on demand and heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

rightjob! wrote: »
    I presume you mean the gas being retired is that it is being removed from the house and the actual gas mains is staying at the meter?

A gas combi boiler would be ideal,hot water on demand and heating.

yip, retired back to the gas meter. Ideally I'd like just one utility bill but now youve made me think about keeping the gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

When are you expecting to be finishing renovation? New grant for heat pump in April, meaning €3500 along with credits of over €800 and controls upgrade of 700 which would go a long way towards one. But then again if you’ve mains Gas as opposed to lpg then there wouldn’t be as much outlay on it

Advertisement