Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing calls, phone or network

Options
  • 14-12-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I'm with ID mobile on an unlocked Hauwei honor. Good strong 4g signal and I've no problems making calls, using internet etc but some people are telling me they can't ring me or its taking 4 or 5 goes to get me, seems to be no pattern to it, it's mobile and landline calls. Anyone any ideas wether it's the phone or the network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

If you are not already on a call when these calls go to voicemail then it is a network problem.

ID use the Three network, which is hopelessly congested in many areas. They don't offer WiFi calling or Volte so your voice calls have to go over 2G or 3G even if 4G is available. Every time a call goes to your voicemail, Three earn a termination fee from the callers network. They also get a fee when you check your voicemail and another fee when you ring the caller back. They might make 5 times the revenue than if the call worked first time!

Change to a decent network. Eir or Voadafone are both reliable and Eir offer WiFi calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Could be slow LTE to HSDPA handoff (Your phone has to drop 4G to accept a call)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Appreciate the replies. ID reckon it might be to do with roaming and switching between masts but I can't take the risk of missing any more important calls so have ported out to Vodafone.

Advertisement