Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another mouse recomendation thread

Options
  • 14-12-2017 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

So my Razer Mamba's laser sensor has gone belly up with the mouse not liking to go side to side anymore, so its time to replace it.

I'm leaning towards a Razer Deathadder Elite due to its size and button layout but open to suggestions. No wireless mice tho as its not a feature I need nor wish to pay the extra cost for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant fault the Logitech G502 very good, also the new range of creative Blaster mice are very comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've used logitech exclusively for over a decade but decided to give the Roccat Tyon a try about a year ago. I can't recommend it enough, very responsive, ergonomic and 20 or so button functions if you program the Shift keys, otherwise 13 in well separate but easy to use positions.
    Oh, and it glows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G502 excellent mouse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive had those mentioned ,they are great but The Final Mouse is best ive ever used, feels identical to the legendary mx518 in the hand, no driver bloatware either just raw performance and comfort.

http://www.finalmouse.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I always had deathadders and always loved them. When this one goes belly up, ill get another one. Its just perfect for me. Works great and has no bloated crap in it that I dont need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

G502 user here and enjoy it although I've found in the heat of the moment I'd often hit the DPI button to the left of the left mouse button which was frustrating in shooters. I ended up disabling the extra profiles when I played csgo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Another G502 user here. Bought a Razer mouse and keyboard (forget the names) with my latest PC build and i had to return them and go back to Logitech. Cant go wrong with any Logitech gear imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have the G502, and i love it. Fits nicely in my hand, and with the additional weights, it feels perfect for me.
    Dcully wrote: »
    Ive had those mentioned ,they are great but The Final Mouse is best ive ever used, feels identical to the legendary mx518 in the hand, no driver bloatware either just raw performance and comfort.

http://www.finalmouse.com/

The mouse looks good, but christ that website is awful. It's like they are trying to make a gaming mouse sexy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Had a good look at the G502 but the size,weight and shape kinda put me off.

Ended up picking up the Deathadder Elite as its just so close to the Mamba I'v used for the last few years just with a better sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I really don't understand why people who've experienced the crappy build quality of Razer mice or keyboards go out and buy another one. Whatever they're doing, it's great brainwashing... I've never heard of one lasting.

Had a Logitech MX518 for 12 years or so. It's still perfect, I just decided to try a newer version because RBG/that itch got the better of me really. Got the G403 and it's the perfect Logitech replacement for the MX518 (I don't doubt the finalmouse probably feels identical too).

The G502 just looks weird and feels a bit off. It's like the designer of RAT mice designed it. The G403 IMO is this generations MX518.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I really don't understand why people who've experienced the crappy build quality of Razer mice or keyboards go out and buy another one. Whatever they're doing, it's great brainwashing... I've never heard of one lasting.

Had a Logitech MX518 for 12 years or so. It's still perfect, I just decided to try a newer version because RBG/that itch got the better of me really. Got the G403 and it's the perfect Logitech replacement for the MX518 (I don't doubt the finalmouse probably feels identical too).

The G502 just looks weird and feels a bit off. It's like the designer of RAT mice designed it. The G403 IMO is this generations MX518.

Well my first Razer mouse, the Boomslang, was bought in 1999 and only got replaced in 2007 due to the top skin looking wornout and was replaced in 2007 with a Lachesis which is still going strong to this day. I replaced that only because I wanted some RBG matchy matchy with my K70 keyboard so I picked up the Mamba TE in 2015 which is now replaced with the Deathadder Elite due to the sensor going to pot.

1 fail in longevity out of 4, in 18 and a half years is not to bad in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont know about all brainwashing, but in all these years I bought only two razor products, because the rest of it does not justifies the value for price.

First product was deathadder that died after 3 years, but I could not put fault on built quality. It was a nerd rage during starcraft 2 diamond league match. I slammed poor mouse so, that even Nokia mouse wouldnt survive.
    When it died I bought some fancy mouse with all those weights, extra billion buttons and all other crap, you name it. Costed a furtune and was very reputable brand. It was so ****, I did not lasted a week. Sensor was all over the place and ergonomics were just shiete.
    Ordered another deathadder ( second razor product ) and I have it for at least 7 years, if not more now. If it will go belly up now, I wont be even mad after life it has with me. Ill get a new deathadder again.

So yeah, just because brand is kind of ****, does not mean it cant have a jewel in its line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant fault the Logitech G502 very good, also the new range of creative Blaster mice are very comfy.

I use the same. Been using logitech for 15 years now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone that finds Razer comfortable tend to stick to that shape.
    I've always been Logitech once I ditched my intellimouse way way back.
    I've always found the logitech shape more comfortable and suitable for me and even though I tried the Razer mice they always left my hand feeling cramp so always stuck with Logitech.
    I'm still using my G9x which for me has been the best logitech mouse I've ever used. And still very comfortable. Not too impressed with their latest offerings though I have to say. The G502 looks a bit gammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Blazer wrote: »
    . The G502 looks a bit gammy.

It looks weird but it actually works quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The mouse i had before the G502 was the G9x. Was hesitant to buy the G502 based on looks as it didn't seem to have the wide body frame the G9x has and i couldn't find another G9x online. But nostalgia aside the G502 is probably the better mouse of the two.

Advertisement