Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get from Aungier Street to Phoenix park?

Options
  • 14-12-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey everyone,

Ill be starting a new job in the new year near Phoenix park. Im currently living on Aungier Street and just wondering what would be the best way to get to Phoenix park from there? (via public transport!)
    New enough to Dublin so not familiar with which buses go where...!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Best Advice is to get a bike.

Where in the Phoenix park like? it's a massive area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Google Maps should give a decent answer but bike or a Dublin Bike membership might be your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Daybreak567

its between Garda HQ and Criminal Courts of Justice near Phoenix park.
    Bike isnt an option unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

If a helicopter (or a bike) isn't an option, you could walk to St Stephens Green and get the new Blue Luas line to Abbey Street and the Red Luas Line to Heuston Station and walk..

Or you could just walk. 44mins

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

46A bus from Dawson street will drop you by the entrance near the Garda HQ

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭cgcsb

literally the fastest way without cycling is walk to Wellington quay or Essex quay and take the 66, 66a/b, 67 or 69 bus, get off just after Heuston Bridge and walk up. You're going outbound in the morning so you should get a seat and it'll be reliable enough time wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cgcsb wrote: »
    literally the fastest way without cycling is walk to Wellington quay or Essex quay and take the 66, 66a/b, 67 or 69 bus, get off just after Heuston Bridge and walk up. You're going outbound in the morning so you should get a seat and it'll be reliable enough time wise.
    Stop 312 on Wellington Quay at Parliament Street serves routes 25, 25a, 25b, 25d, 26, 66, 66a, 66b, 67.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hey everyone,

Ill be starting a new job in the new year near Phoenix park. Im currently living on Aungier Street and just wondering what would be the best way to get to Phoenix park from there? (via public transport!)
    New enough to Dublin so not familiar with which buses go where...!

Thanks in advance
    Get a bike

Why not ? You wouldn’t be breaking a sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ted1 wrote: »
    Why not ? You wouldn’t be breaking a sweat

in fainress lads the OP has delat with this and we should accept. They could have a disablity or other reason and shouldn't be having to justify themselves

OP either get a bus to city centre and change or walk to south quays and pick up any bus heading west and get off at Hueston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

exaisle wrote: »
    If a helicopter (or a bike) isn't an option, you could walk to St Stephens Green and get the new Blue Luas line to Abbey Street and the Red Luas Line to Heuston Station and walk..

Or you could just walk. 44mins

The what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Daybreak567

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

You could get the 46A if you are able to get to Westmoreland St, or you could take the 83 from Aungier St and walk from Broadstone up the North Circular.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could get the 46A if you are able to get to Westmoreland St, or you could take the 83 from Aungier St and walk from Broadstone up the North Circular.

Do you know Dublin at all?

OP: ignore this advice!

Not your ornery onager

Why? Do you have a better idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Might as well walk from Aungier Street if you're going to take a bus to Broadstone. It's the wrong way.

Yeah, any of the previous suggestions. Look at the start and end of the journey on a map, and then look at your suggested route. It's all over the shop.

Not your ornery onager

Broadstone is close to the North Circular Road, which leads directly to the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

I'm not sure where exactly the 83 bus stop that you mean but a quick little google search I did....

Broadstone garage (via North Circular Rd) to corner of Infirmary Rd/Parkgate St: 37min walk
    DIT Aungier St to corner of Infirmary Rd/Parkgate ST: 33min walk

OP - don't get the 83 bus to Broadstone

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

My advice OP would be to do the short walk down Aungier St & George's St, through Temple Bar to the quays and get a bus from there to Parkgate St.

25, 26, 66/a/b, 67 & 69

• Advertisement

Turnip, I understood the OP was going to somewhere near the top of Infirmary Rd near the criminal courts. If so, that would give Broadstone the edge.

Nevertheless, I think the only way to do the whole trip by public transport is to take 2 buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CircleofLife

If you can, save yourself the money and walk, as it's only 30 minutes.

If not, get the 15 to the Quays or Westmoreland st, and take either the Red line luas to Heuston or take any bus that runs down the Quays (145 is brilliant as it runs about every 5 minutes)

Turnip, I understood the OP was going to somewhere near the top of Infirmary Rd near the criminal courts. If so, that would give Broadstone the edge.

Nevertheless, I think the only way to do the whole trip by public transport is to take 2 buses.

Read the OP again and look at a map before you embarrass yourself further.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ArthurG wrote: »
    Just use google maps like any normal person!

Don't you mean https://hittheroad.ie/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

Stephen15 wrote: »
    What about cycling. If your brave enough that is.

The OP has already responded to that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

rebel456 wrote: »

Sorry I must have misread the thread

Stephen15 wrote: »
    What about cycling. If your brave enough that is.

Tbh they havn’t really. Many people write cycling off as not an option. I was guilty in the past but cycled 12,000 km this year instead of driving to work. I’m also 38 and 105kg so far far From your standard view if a cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

Tbh they havn’t really. Many people write cycling off as not an option. I was guilty in the past but cycled 12,000 km this year instead of driving to work. I’m also 38 and 105kg so far far From your standard view if a cyclist

And well done to yourself, tremendous achievement. But the OP asked for public transport options. Not cycling. The OP should not have to explain to us why they don't want to cycle, we need to respect their choices.

• Advertisement

And well done to yourself, tremendous achievement. But the OP asked for public transport options. Not cycling. The OP should not have to explain to us why they don't want to cycle, we need to respect their choices.
    Dublin bikes are public transport. Suggesting to the op that he cycles is not disrespecting his choice he’s enlightening him. It’s his choice as to weather or not he considers itvas an option

Advertisement