Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egyptian pop star jailed for 'Inciting Debauchery'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

CosmicJay wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/12/egyptian-pop-singer-sent-to-prison-for-video-that-incited-debauchery

I heard this talked about on Radio Nova this morning, one of those times that you can say thank god I live in Ireland.

I can imagine the director in prison though.

What are you in for?

I filmed a girl suggestively eating a banana. :D

Can we do a swop - send our most famous Egyptian family out there and we'll take her in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

That's nothing. Ibrahim Halawa was put in jail for 4 years for just walking out of a cinema when he was on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Hmm egypt seems to be making the news a lot lately..and not for any good reasons..are they trying hard to outdo saudi arabia in the crazy misogyny stakes? I think they might be winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

''Shyma, 21, sentenced to two years over video in which she appeared in her underwear and suggestively ate a banana''

Won't somebody think of the Children!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bob Harris wrote: »
    That's nothing. Ibrahim Halawa was put in jail for 4 years for just walking out of a cinema when he was on holidays:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Fixed that for ya:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Fixed that for ya:D

I think we need to be clear, he wasnt jailed for walking out of a cinema, while on holidays.

While on holidays, he was jailed having just left a cinema.
    Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I can't think of the term debauchery without saying it in my head in some ridiculous monty python comic accent.

My god thetes an apple and a taco involved as well..

https://youtu.be/toAy1iClD9I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sudan maybe has it worse: A total of 24 women were arrested recently by the 'Public Order Police' at a party on Wednesday evening in El Mamoura, south of Khartoum, Sudan's capital city.

'Indecent or immoral dress' is outlawed in Sudan. And yes, that's right, they were all wearing trousers, TROUSERS! what were they thinking?
    40 lashes and a fine is the typical punishment for such an offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Fine, I'll do it.

She's claiming innocence but many believe she is in the-Nile.

• Advertisement

Sudan maybe has it worse: A total of 24 women were arrested recently by the 'Public Order Police' at a party on Wednesday evening in El Mamoura, south of Khartoum, Sudan's capital city.

'Indecent or immoral dress' is outlawed in Sudan. And yes, that's right, they were all wearing trousers, TROUSERS! what were they thinking?
    40 lashes and a fine is the typical punishment for such an offense.

I'm wearing trousers today!!!

Aaaarghh... oh wait, I live in a normal country still. Phew!

I'm wearing trousers today!!!

Aaaarghh... oh wait, I live in a normal country still. Phew!

If anything those skinny type jeans/trousers on men folks should carry a warning. The ballerina shaped clothing squashes all the jingly janglies, and sure that can't be good for future replication abilities.

If anything those skinny type jeans/trousers on men folks should carry a warning. The ballerina shaped clothing squashes all the jingly janglies, and sure that can't be good for future replication abilities.

No but they're good to look at*.

* handsome, lithe, young men only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

She's damn hot. And appears to know her way around a banana, which will probably be handy in jail.
    Muslims be crazy, I know my debauchery and that sir, ain't it!

Surely the rest of us would regard that as positive for some of these individuals?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    That's nothing. Ibrahim Halawa was put in jail for 4 years for just walking out of a cinema when he was on holidays.

:pac::pac::pac:

Surely the rest of us would regard that as positive for some of these individuals?

More so the unbranded grey tracksuit attired, which are currently baggy and free-flowing.

It could certainly may reduce the quota of bearded bike baristas in the yr 2055ad. However by then coffee-bots will have developed their follicle growing capacity, and will know how to spell your rfid-based name, what coffee you want, without even having to ask.

It's 2019 soon, so let people wear their trousers and eat food if they really want to, even those of us who like pineapple on their pizzas.

More so the unbranded grey tracksuit attired, which are currently baggy and free-flowing.

It could certainly may reduce the quota of bearded bike baristas in the yr 2055ad. However by then coffee-bots will have developed their follicle growing capacity, and will know how to spell your rfid-based name, what coffee you want, without even having to ask.

It's 2019 soon, so let people wear their trousers and eat food if they really want to, even those of us who like pineapple on their pizzas.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

even those of us who like pineapple on their pizzas.

Blasphemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

She's criminally hot

• Advertisement

Post reported , you monster

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She has the right to remain gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

wakka12 wrote: »
    Hmm egypt seems to be making the news a lot lately..and not for any good reasons..are they trying hard to outdo saudi arabia in the crazy misogyny stakes? I think they might be winning
    Doesn't matter where she's from, she's a total Riyadh!

Advertisement