Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone voip...lost my caller ID a few weeks back.

Options
  • 14-12-2017 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭

I'm with Vodafone voip and a few weeks ago my caller ID suddenly stopped working. Every incoming call now shows 'witheld'.

I've reported it to Vodafone a few days ago but heard nothing from them yet.

Anyone have this issue with their voip landline recently?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Haven't heard of this but I'm not using Vodafone VoIP. Is it affecting all numbers dialled? E.g. different carriers?

Vodafone should fix it, try dialling 142 + the number including area code. I know Vodafone VoIP has had a few complaints, thought most of their VoIP customers probably don't know they aren't using a landline anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Mr. G wrote: »
    Haven't heard of this but I'm not using Vodafone VoIP. Is it affecting all numbers dialled? E.g. different carriers?

Vodafone should fix it, try dialling 142 + the number including area code. I know Vodafone VoIP has had a few complaints, thought most of their VoIP customers probably don't know they aren't using a landline anymore.

It's all incoming calls to my landline that have the caller ID hidden. I don't know what providers the incoming callers are using. Both land and mobile incoming calls have their ID witheld.

I tried dialling my own number from a mobile using 142+ prefix +number with area code but it doesn't actually dial with that combination.

Phoned them again this morning to see if there was any update....

Person with whom I spoke said the caller ID problem was fairly widespread over the past few weeks and was proving somewhat difficult to fix. Apparently the problem is with another vendor - not that I understand the significance of that - but at least they're dealing with it.

Call ident back up & running today. Thx Vodafone. :)

Advertisement