Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favorite game?

Options
  • 14-12-2017 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

must be one piece for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Bgha8Q3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

fecking casual! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Castlevania 2 : Simon's Quest
    Resident Evil
    Shadow run
    Symphony of the night
    Dark souls 1-3
    Blood borne
    Witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Games i have played hundred of hours of (or replayed many times for single player games)

Doom (OG)

Battlefield 2 PC

Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360

The last of us (ps3 +4)

The Witcher 3 PS4

PUBG PC

Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) (50hours in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ALRIGHT, THAT'S COOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Star Wars: KOTOR (currently replaying on XB1 and LOVING it)

Mass Effect Trilogy

The Sims

Super Mario 3

Gauntlet

Civilisation Revolution (yes, on console. Couldn't get in to PC gaming much...)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Age of Empires 2 for the PC
    Mario Kart
    Street Fighter

and I can't stop playing Farming Simulator :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I like the question op.

"What is your favourite game."

Unfortunately so far people have given you pisstake answers and life stories because it's very difficult to answer in one word/game.

I'm honestly stuck here thinking about this for 15 mins and no closer to an answer.

Good bloody question.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lets not do a list thread. At least give a reason why a game is your favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Metal Gear Solid 3.

MGS2 was a bit of a disappointment compared to MGS1 (though I've learned to appreciate it more as time has gone on) but MGS3 was just pure perfection. The new stealth mechanics made it far more tense, bringing you closer to enemies and feeling like you're in plain sight even though you're camouflaged. The gameplay additions like eating and medicine weren't perfect, but they weren't too intrusive either and were easily managed. The boss fights were fantastic, particularly The End which is one of the most incredible boss fights ever seen in a game.

The gameplay and the little Kojima bits and pieces have never been better than in MGS3, like blowing up a food supply shed and having soldiers later in the game complain about being hungry.

But as well as all that, the story was just outstanding. Far less of nanomachine nonsense and just embraces that "Yeah, these f*ckers are weird". The story of Snake & The Boss, and how he becomes Big Boss, is just incredible and the ending is one of my favourite moments in gaming. Never fails to give me chills.

Just such a terrific game, and the best I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

skyrim on ps3. im the kinda gamer where a 6 -10 hour game does me and i dont do the whole online thing,

but i must have put a 100 hours or more into that game i loved it so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I always thought either the first Resident Evil or FF7 would always be my fav game ever but this was the year I finnally found a new best game ever made - Zelda breath of the wild

Playing Zelda botw is pure joy and the absolute pinnacle of gameplay, the combat is FAR superior to ANY other game and exploring is endlessly rewarding. Its true your not getting a story as good as the Witcher 3 or the last of us, 2 games I loved but there are some things that Nintendo are experts at and Zelda botw has everything that Nintendo do right.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Xenoblade Chronicles - I was obsessed with this game when I first played it, exploring everywhere and doing as many of the quests as possible, the music is so good
    Pokemon SoulSilver/Black/Black 2 - I love replaying SoulSilver, these are my top three pokemon games.
    The World Ends With You - I did everything in this, once I got into the battle system, I really started to enjoy it
    Chrono Trigger
    Persona 4 - I owned Persona 3 FES before this, but I beat this first
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
    Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride - my favourite DQ game of all time
    Final Fantasy V/IX/XII
    Picross DS - I am obsessed with picross in general, I played this for over 70 hours
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Fantasy Life
    Etrian Odyssey IV - my first EO game, if you want to start playing EO games, I would recommend maybe starting with this one
    Radiant Historia - sure, it has time travel like Chrono Trigger, but it's a really good game
    Yakuza - I love this series in general
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    Star Ocean: First Departure - this was my first Star Ocean game and my favourite one
    Star Ocean: Second Evolution - my second favourite Star Ocean game
    Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium - the only Phantasy Star game I've played
    Ys Origin and Ys: The Oath in Felghana - Ys games are just really fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Binding of Isaac. The lore's real good, and you're there going "ah, that's a pretty novel way of seeing it" and then you're sat down with this baggy beast that can be cleared in less than an hour but can be pretty much played forever. The Rebirth Lost unlocks, for all the hate they got and agony they might have caused, were legit the most exhilarating experiences I've ever fluked my way through in my gaming life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I have to answer this question based on how much fun I had with a game compared to how accomplished it is on a technical level.

My favourite game of all time is GTA: Vice City. It's kinda unplayable now though. I hope Rockstar revisit that era some day. It improved upon the grandaddy of open worlds GTA: 3 in almost every way. The soundtrack is the best in any game ever. Can't believe it is 15 years old!

The best game I've played is Zelda Breath of the Wild hands down. It has reinvented what open world means in a way which I thought was not possible in such a saturated genre. It makes me wonder what Nintendo have up their sleeve for the next installment, i.e. their second crack at open world gaming with all the refinements that sequels usually bring, kind of what Vice City was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Probably Metal Gear Solid 3

Uncharted 2 fights that closely though

Main things for me in video games are good storylines, good acting/voice acting and then good gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Honestly finding it difficult to think of a came that took my breath away as many times as the Witcher 3, CD Projekt Red did everything right. Felt like you were "playing" a role in a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

RopeDrink wrote: »
    In short, I find it bothersome when people call themselves 'hardcore gamers' or when supposed industry professionals claim they're passionate about the topic when I can look at my own history and laugh at most of them.

There are levels to this.

Someone gaming for ten years might be passionate about the hobby but you certainly can't decide on the validity of someone's passion by purely using your own experience as a baseline! It isn't something you can clearly define or make judgement on and it comes across as elitist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Inviere

Zelda 3. Reason? Because it’s a masterpiece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 clayvligon

Right now I am playing Assassins Creed Origins and I am in love with this game so far. As of now it's my favorite game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MW2 bit of nostalgia but it was always my happy place to go to when subsequent COD games drove me to despair. I know it's not perfect but at times it felt like it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Dark Souls - the complete feeling of isolation, hopelessness and loneliness you get through out the game, one person struggling against insurmountable odds. The feeling you get when you make it a little further than last time, the level design the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭da gamer

Final fantasy 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Thief 2. I played it so long ago but remember so much from the hours I poured into each level and area. Great game then and still is now.

Advertisement