Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book by well know horse racing figure?

Options
  • 13-12-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,
    I am trying to find the name of a certain book or name of the person this book is about as im am hoping to get it as a gift for someone. This is kind of vague but hopefully someone knows what iam on about.
    The man is directly related to horse racing, either a retired jockey or ex trainer and appeared on the late late show a couple of months ago promoting his book. The book tells of his struggles in life, think with gambling but unsure.
    Like i said very vague as i know very little on this subject but any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

jamesfig86 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I am trying to find the name of a certain book or name of the person this book is about as im am hoping to get it as a gift for someone. This is kind of vague but hopefully someone knows what iam on about.
    The man is directly related to horse racing, either a retired jockey or ex trainer and appeared on the late late show a couple of months ago promoting his book. The book tells of his struggles in life, think with gambling but unsure.
    Like i said very vague as i know very little on this subject but any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Sounds like the Kieran Fallon book

Or possible Harry Finlay's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yep Kieran Fallon I'd say. He was on the late late a few weeks ago promoting the book. Meant to be a good read too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Form, my autobiography by Kieren Fallon
    Publisher Simon & Schuster
    Eur 21.99 Dubray bookshops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Most likely Fallon's book alright but Declan Murphy's Centaur is another option.
    Great read BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

In the middle of reading it at the minute very good read.

Any good gambling books from professional gamblers that are worth buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jamesfig86

After checking and its neither of the above mentioned. Maybe about 3 months ago when it was on the late late. Thanks for the input so far. Someone surely knows this. The man was maybe mid to late 50's and spoke quite slowly. Once again sorry for being so vague. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd recommend my book, cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

jamesfig86 wrote: »
    After checking and its neither of the above mentioned. Maybe about 3 months ago when it was on the late late. Thanks for the input so far. Someone surely knows this. The man was maybe mid to late 50's and spoke quite slowly. Once again sorry for being so vague. Lol

Definitely Kieran Fallon. He'd put the most energetic of lunatics to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jamesfig86

dobman88 wrote: »
    Definitely Kieran Fallon. He'd put the most energetic of lunatics to sleep

Maybe so lol, but not kieran fallon im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

naughto wrote: »
    In the middle of reading it at the minute very good read.

Most gambling books I’ve read end up being disappointing due to the insufferable ego getting in the way or just badly written.

The Barney Curley one is ok, but not well written I found. One older one I liked is called Skint! though I don’t recall the author and it’s most likely out of print anyway. Harry Findlay should be worth a read I’d say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

clement frued on racing is a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

The only other jockey I can think of that's been on the late late recently is AP. Spoke quite slowly too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

naughto wrote: »

Enemy Number One by Patrick Veitch is good. Well I enjoyed it anyway!!

Advertisement